Chapter 20 - The Life Of An Average Teenager

AN: Hola everyone! Chapter 20 is finally up! But I think I realized I'm a little addicted to Wattpad since I was super frusterated when I couldn't get on for like a day! But, now I'm rambling so here's chapter 20!

Claire’s POV

              I woke up to the horrible sound of my alarm. Again. Except this time I was waking up at 6am since school started at seven. I got out of bed and took a shower. When I was done I blow dried my hair and put it in a ponytail. I put on some Chapstick too. And no, I don’t consider Chapstick makeup, especially when your lips are cracking so much they’re on the verge of bleeding. I went to my closet and looked through all my clothes. I had no clue what to wear. I finally decided on my dark purple skinny jeans and a white t-shirt that had a picture a flower on it. I put my gray cardigan over it since it was late fall and headed down stairs. When I got there nobody greeted me. Yep. Everything was still the same. Mom had already left for work and she had written a note like usual. It said, Good morning sweetie! I hope you slept well. Have a good day at school and remember to eat breakfast before you leave. Xx Mom. Typical mom. She always was concerned, but I don’t blame her. I opened the fridge and got out the milk for cereal. Then I opened the cupboard and took out the box of Fruit Loops. I loved Fruit Loops since there was a ton of sugar in them, my mom, not so much. When I was done I put my bowl in the sink and got my book bag and phone. It was still early so I decided to watch part of the news. Bad idea. I was all over the headlines again. This time it wasn’t so pleasant. A picture of me and Niall kissing flashed on the screen with the headline, Cheater? I listened to the reporter.

              “The rising music star Claire is back in the headlines today after being seen kissing Niall Horan from One Direction. This raises the question, did Claire cheat? Recently Claire was interviewed on the X-Factor, saying her boyfriend was Harry Styles which happens to be another member of One Direction. She did say her and Niall had dated before, but broke up. Now on a personal note, I would like to say that I don’t care how good of a voice she has. If stardom is getting to her she should step out of the spotlight.” I shut off the TV.

              “What the hell?” I screamed to the empty house. That story was so cheep. They had failed to mention one important detail. Harry was standing right there next to me. Why would I cheat on someone right next to me? The station obviously just wanted a juicy story, but I wasn’t going to let them get away with stupid propaganda like this. I opened to my phones contacts and dialed Simon. After a few rings he answered.

              “Hello Claire. I was expecting a call from you. Would you care to explain the picture?”

              “Simon, it’s not what it looks like. I didn’t cheat on anyone. I broke up with Harry yesterday before I left because we just didn’t connect like a couple should and I missed Niall because I only broke up with him a few weeks ago and we both still liked each other. The newspapers cropped the picture. Harry was standing right beside me when the picture was taken. Everything is a big lie.” I explained rapidly.

              “That’s what I expected Claire. You are new to this business so people are interested in you. I’ll arrange a press conference for you and Mike after school. When you’re there people will ask a lot of questions. Answer only the ones you want to truthfully. Be ready around 6pm tonight. A car will take you to the local station.” Simon said.

              “Thanks Simon. I didn’t mean to cause any trouble for you.” I apologized.

              “It’s ok Claire. You didn’t know any better, but you have to be careful of what you do in public.”