Chapter 2 - Stupid Like Games

AN: Hey guys! I decided to upload another chapter tonight so I hope you like it!! I know it's a little dull right now but more action will come soon. I promise!

Claire’s POV

            I was officially freaking out. Red or blue? Cute or edgy? Casual or dressy? I couldn’t figure out what to wear! After thinking about I came to realize that I probably should have figured this out yesterday, but whatever. Okay. I thought it over and after about a half a hour of bantering I decided on my favorite dark skinny jeans, my Minnie Mouse t-shirt and my burgundy cardigan along with some gray boots. I skipped into the bathroom to fix my hair and brush my teeth. First of all I just love how in the morning I wake up with a new hair style.. not! I guess it’s okay because I can fix it real easy. Finally I’m done. Makeup you may ask? No. I haven’t worn make up in my twelve, no thirteen years of existence and I don’t plan on it. I always thought it was so unnecessary. My mom said it was a good thing I had good skin otherwise she would have introduced me to my worst enemy a while ago. Thank you god or somebody for clear skin.

            My thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell. I looked at the hall clock. It was still early for guests. My first thought was Niall but instead it was Briana. I waited for her at the top of the stairs and then we ran into my room.

            “Claire, we need to talk,” Briana said in a serious voice.

            From the look on her face I could Briana had put a lot of thought into what she was going to say but it didn’t seem too serious.

            “What now Bri?”

            “Well last night I noticed how Niall was looking at you and I think someone has a crush on you,” she said with so much joy it made me want to barf.

            “Briana we already talked about this a million times. Me and Niall are just friends. Besides who could ever like me.”

            “Niall does! I’m telling you Claire. I wouldn’t be surprised if he tried to kiss you tonight during the party,” Briana said with a mischievous grin.

            “Briana! I swear if you get involved and start playing matchmaker here I am going to kill you!”

            “Fine! I’ll stay out of this!”

            I really wanted to believe Briana but something told me that that would just about impossible.

            For the next hour me and Briana talked and played games in my room. I could feel there was still some tension in the air from our Niall conversation. I felt like it was finally lifting when the doorbell rang again. And of course it was Niall. Briana gave me a nudge as we walked down the stairs. I tried to ignore it. But after seeing Niall standing in the doorway that nudge was very easy to ignore. I have to admit he was cute. He was wearing his usual, jeans a t-shirt, and a cardigan kind of like mine. His eyes were cute too. Not to forget his slightly shaggy brunette hair. Snap out of it Claire! Ok, so maybe I liked Niall. But just a little.

            “Hey,” he said.

            “Hey,” I responded.

            Real nice Claire. All you say is hey.

            But I recovered. “It’s kind of early so lets go out back and wait for everyone else.”    

            “That is a great idea Claire,” Briana said, “but I just got a text. How about you two go without me and I’ll catch up.”