Chapter 19 - I Don't Need You

AN: Hello everyone! I'm so happy! You guys seemed to like the last chapter a lot! And I'm almost at 400 reads! I love you guys! You're so amazyn! This chapter is decicated to my newest fan! So, here's chapter 19!

Claire’s POV

              My whole mood came crashing down when we pulled in the driveway. There was another car there. A car I never thought I would see again. Or wanted to. I slowly got out of the car and pretended to ignore the familiar man. Out of the corner of my eye I could see him standing, waiting for someone to say something. I looked at mom who looked like she would explode if she stood there one more minute. I gave her a knowing look and she went inside. I finally turned to him. I had to say something since mom refused to talk to since he left.

              “What are you doing here Dad?” I asked. I couldn’t sound less thrilled and that’s what I wanted. My dad was barely my dad. He left me and my mom when I was five because of another woman. Since then I had seen him three times. All three times I saw him was because he needed money or a stupid favor. Each time he left empty handed. He even asked me to live with him once. I was disgusted with him that time. Why would I go live with someone who left me and not once told me he loved or missed me. Besides, my dad had anger issues. He was never abusive, but you had to be careful how you told him things.

              “I want to visit my daughter.” He said walking toward me.  He tried to pull me into a hug. I pushed him away.

              “You never come to just visit. You always want something and you never get it. Including this time.”

              “It’s different this time Clairebear. I saw you on the X-Factor yesterday and wanted to say how proud I am of you.” That’s when it dawned on me. The only reason I was having this conversation is because my dad was now a “father” to a rising star. And what did stars, rising or not, get? That’s right. Money and media attention. My dad would never change.

              “Dad, I know why you’re here. You consider me a rising star now and you want to be a part of this so you get some money and media attention.  And I can already say, you’re not getting anything so you should just leave now.”

              “Clairebear, you have it all wrong. I-“

              “Don’t call me that. My name is Claire. And I don’t have it wrong. You have it wrong if you think you can get away with anything.”

              “Fine maybe I want something.”

              “Goodbye dad.” I said turning around to go in the house. I opened the door and slammed it. I ran to my room as the tears began roll down my cheeks. I hated my dad, but I missed him at the same time. I’m glad that I didn’t have to put up with him, but it was hard growing up with only one parent. I usually couldn’t do as many things as other kids because my mom couldn’t afford it or she was working so she could bring me to anything like parties. It was a hard thing for a young kid to understand so I spent a lot of time crying over their divorce. The only thing that got me through that time was Niall. His parents were going through the same thing. We spent a lot of time together that year, having fun and trying to forget about our crumbling families. I feel that was the year me and Niall became best friends. So, the only thing that I felt like doing locked in my room was call Niall. I pulled out my phone and pressed one. Yep, Niall was my first speed dial.

              “Hey Claire! How was your flight?” He asked. It was nice to hear his voice.

              “Niall, mydadcametoseemetodayandtheonlyreasonwasbecauseIwasonTV.” I said really fast. I doubt he could understand since I was crying so hard.