Chapter 12 - Friends

AN: Hey guys! Chapter 12 is now up! It's kind of a filler chapter, but it's still important! I hope you like it! Also I dedicated this chapter to my new fan! Thanks so much!

Niall’s POV

              I woke up early the next morning. I got up and took a shower, then ate breakfast. I grabbed my guitar and headed out the door to the stage. I admit I needed extra practice with our song this week. Or maybe I was just nervous. I decided since I was going down there I would play some other songs too. They say practice makes perfect!

Claire’s POV

              I woke up early the next morning. I had barely slept and I knew I should try, but I didn’t. Instead I got up and took a quick shower. Then I put on a pair sweatpants and a tank top with a sweatshirt over it. I ate a small breakfast of cereal and juice before putting on my UGG boots. Considering it was still the fall season, it was really cold outside.  I grabbed my guitar and left Briana sleeping. I headed down to the X-Factor stage to rehearse some more. I hadn’t planned on rehearsing so I hoped part of the crew was there. When I reached the stage I saw Chris, the lighting guy and Jacob, the sound guy there working.

              “Morning guys! Do you mind if I rehearse a little?” I asked them.

              “No, go ahead Claire. We don’t mind. Right Chris?” Jacob said.

              “Right Jacob. Music is always good when you’re working.” Chris said approvingly.

              “Thanks boys!” I said as I got up onstage. I tuned my guitar and started from the beginning. I didn’t really feel like standing in the same spot which I was supposed to do for the show so I walked around. That probably wasn’t the smartest idea since I close my eyes a lot when I’m singing, but I did it anyway. When I finished I heard clapping. I turned around, opened my eyes and saw it was Niall.

              “Niall? What are you doing hear? It’s like 6:30am.” I asked.

              “The same thing you’re doing.” He said getting up from the audience seating.

              “Really?” I don’t think you need any extra practice.” I said looking him in the eye.

              “Really? Because I think I do. I suck at the song.” Niall said chuckling.

              “Do you want any help?” I offered.

              “Sure. Do you want to learn the song?”

              I nodded. For the next hour Niall taught me the words and guitar part to there song which was Viva La Vida by Coldplay. Within the next hour and a half we were jamming out like old times. That’s when I realized it was nearly 8:00. I had another meeting with Simon in less than 10 minutes.

              “Niall, I have to go. I have a meeting in like 10 minutes!” I told him packing up my guitar.

              “Wait what time is it?” Niall asked, worried.

              “8:00. Why?”

              I’m going to be late too! I have to film a video dairy thing with the boys in 10 minutes!” He said.

              “Then we better run, and fast!” I said taking off. Niall was right behind me and was soon in front of me.

              “Niall don’t run so fast!” I yelled at him.