Chapter 20: A Lost Boy

Warning this chapter messes with feels! Continue by your own consent.

-Damien-

I looked up at father, he who said not to use guns uses one. I understand though, if it involves death of family you must be able to take that step of you really want to protect them. I set Jason up next to the Batputer(Bat+computer haha get it, okay I'll stop) before racing over to my big brother. Father had already beaten me there as he was helping cut Grayson's top open, but when he did all life stopped. I had heard that the first robin had gotten hurt but not as bad as the second, but this, this was bad.

Joker had my brother in his hell lab for 2 years and he has doubled the amount he had before. I can tell you I though my life had been bad, but when Grayson told me what happend I began to ponder the thought.

---

"Look at Damien, Bruce I don't want him to have the same life as me!" Grayson fumed with anger as he pointed at me.

"What are you talking about Dick, you were fine." 

"F-Fine?! Bruce try traumatized, lonely, sad, scared. But you never saw ANY of that, no you sat in your stupid limousine and acted like everything was grand." Dick began to pace as Father walked away. Grayson stopped pacing before looking up at fathers back.

"Heh I see, your going to walk away from him, like you did to me. That seems to be what your good at, walking away from you problems. Or in this case Family! He is your real son Bruce, so act like you fucking love him, unlike you did to me! That is the reason I left the Cave!" Father stopped walking before he turned around. His face contorted into anger before walking up and punching Grayson.

------

"Master Dick please try to stay awake." Alfred called as Nightwing now Richard was falling. I scoot over to his head propping it up on my legs.

"Hey Demon-" He said before coughing. His voice sounded to waver and hoarse. His chest rise and fell like the sun and moon but slower and hard as if just barely clinging on to life. I smiled a little before looking down at his chest. Slade's blade had cause a deep abrasion from one side to the other. Tears began to form.

-----

"Master Damien what is wrong?" Alfred asked as he was making his cookies.

"Pennyworth, does Bruce hate Grayson?" Alfred's expression had gone in total shock at my question, but softened.

"No, no he does not. Why do you ask master Damien?" I look at him for awhile before answering.

"Grayson and father fought in the Batcave today, he had said that Bruce ignored him like he was as thin as air." Alfred placed down his apron before his expression saddened.

"Yes master Bruce ignored him, but he alway showed how much he loved him. Master Dick was lonely but he always found a way to keep himself busy and if he couldn't do that he would talk to me." I looked at him for awhile before asking my next question.

"What happend to Dicks parents, I always heard that they were apart of a circus." Alfred smiled.

"Yes they were. They were the Flying Grayson's, and one of the best performers. But one day a evil man came along and killed them infront of Master Dick." Alfred's face saddened.

"Master Dick was bullied a lot for this, earning names. Names such as Charity case, gypsy and others. But he remained happy, and as time went on he ignored them." Alfred walked out of the room before handing me a photo.