28 - Guilty or Innocent?

I had been pushed into a cage on some space ship; around me I could hear all different monster voices coming from other cages. I sat on the floor, leaning against the wall that looked out to the walkway that I had come down. I had already tried my phone to see if I had any signal; of course I didn't.

A metal bang from the distance made all the monsters quiet. Heckyl came into view and walked towards my cage, he leaned on the metal bar door as he spoke, "wonder when you're boyfriend will get here"

"What do you want from me?" I asked, completely fed up with this.

"Nothing from you, everything from him"

"You won't get his energem"

"Oh but I did before. I just didn't think about you. But don't worry, this time I won't make that mistake" he pushed himself up and turned to walk away

"The Rangers will defeat you."

He turned back round and smirked, "haven't you heard? They've fallen out with your little boyfriend. They think you work for me. They're not coming" he leaned in close to the bars, "have fun waiting."

With that, he left the room. The monsters started up again, shouting across to each other and saying things to me that I wasn't even listening to.

They've fallen out? Because of me?

Chase sat outside the museum, on the bench that Kylie had been waiting for him on. Head in his hands, he tried to work out what he was supposed to do. He thought about everything and the Rangers had a good argument, but none of them saw the fear in her eyes when Heckyl first kidnapped her; she was so scared. She couldn't have been in on the whole thing. She couldn't be working for him. She just couldn't.

"So what's the plan?" Chase shot up and looked at Riley standing behind him, "I know what's been said, but...I don't know. I guess part of me thinks she's in danger." Riley shuffled his feet as he spoke, not knowing how Chase would react.

Chase looked at him for a moment before answering, "we need to get on his ship. She'll be there, she must be."

Riley nodded and they sat back down to come up with a plan.