19 - My Dad

Inside, I kicked my heels off before walking into the kitchen. The place was still a mess from the party, but I managed to find some left over pizza. I took a huge bite realising how hungry I actually was.

"Who is this dude anyway?" Tristin broke the silence as he pulled a chair out from the table and sat down.

I sat down opposite him with my pizza as I spoke, "That would be Chase. I like him. Be nice"

"I'm always nice" Tristin frowned at my remark

"Yeah ok" I scoffed

"I am, you know I'm just a bit, well, yeah....because Dad left. Someone needs to be that role" Tristin tried to defend himself and his behaviour.

Our dad just up and left three years ago. He packed a bag while we were at school and Mum was at work, and just left. No note, no explanation, nothing. He seemed so happy before he left, so why did he feel the need to leave? And so quietly with no one knowing?

"No. No one needs to be, you just decided to" I stood up and walked back the way I came to climb the stairs to my bedroom. I was so tired from my adventures during the night, I can't even remember if I changed into my pyjamas.

Walking up in my dress answered my question, I did not get changed. I got up off my bed and slipped out my dress, getting ready for my shower.

My phone buzzed on the side.

Wanna meet for pizza? X

It was Chase. I looked at the time, 12:32pm.

Can't say no to pizza :) x

I smiled as I pressed send, grabbing my towel and walking to the bathroom. I popped my phone on the side, music blaring and jumped in the shower. I washed away last nights make up, blood and dirt. I tried so hard not to get my bandage wet but that was easier said then done.

Jumping out, I grabbed my phone to see another text from Chase

2pm at the plaza x

I looked up to the time, 12:58pm. Plenty of time.