26 - The Article

I had stayed out of the Rangers way for a few days, just so they could all calm down; I was still texting Chase to make sure he was OK.

Sat at my desk, I tapped my pen on the notebook staring at the blank page. I hadn't been given any different stories to cover, only if something involved the Rangers cropped up. I was getting sick of it. Not only was my job to do with them, So was my personal life. It was as if I was one of them; without the cool colour suit and ninja flare.

"What's got you down chicken?" Tom asked as he sat down with a cup of tea

"Thanks for the offer" I said sarcastically

"You were zoned out" he smirked taking a small sip "mmmm, it's good".

"Shut up" I laughed, throwing my pen at him

"Don't you need that?"

"For what? No one has called about the Rangers in four days" I sighed, pushing myself backwards from the desk and spinning myself round, "I don't know what to do".

"Wanna help me with my International Woman's Day article? Could always use a feminine flare."

"Really? An article about women written by a man could use a 'feminine flare'?"

"Alright when you say it like that"

"Yeah, think about it"

I read over his article and jotted some points down that may have been of use to him; like the fact I was paid three times less than him even though I had the exact same job title and description.
I knew what I wanted from his article, "you know what Tom. I'm gonna look over this"

"Ky, it's my -"

"I'll let you take credit if you let me tweek bits?" I looked up at him with my puppy dog eyes.

Tom sighed, looking down at his desk, "Fine! Just don't make it too feminist as I'm not known for that."

"Promise I won't" I smiled grabbing his notes and reading through it all.

A/N
I wrote this part on International Women's Day. Could you tell? :)