Chapter 12:

“We need to talk.”

“I don’t want to. What’s left to say?” I growled back.

“Hear me out.” The blonde haired boy calmly stood up from his chair.

“Hear you out?! No. Why should i? I’ve seen everything that I’ve had to.” I looked away. This is useless. “Who am I to you?! Can you just answer that question? Because I’m sick and tired of this. You act as If there’s something between us and yet you completely go against what you say. You just keep lying to me!” I shouted.

“Lying!? AMBER. I’VE NEVER LIED TO YOU. I love you! You know that!” He raised his voice.

I turned to my side and crossed my arms, eyes burning with ferocity. “I don’t know that actually. You’re ruining the word. You toss it around like it means nothing. How do I know that you’re telling the truth?! If you had the guts to hurt me, knowing how obvious I felt for you, then I know you can do it again.”

“God Amber!! Why do you have to be so stubborn!? It’s pissing me off!” He slammed the table.

“So now you think you have a right to be pissed off!? You kissed her!” I scowled at him.

“SHE KISSED ME.” He crouched forward, waiting for a response.

I shook my head. “Save the excuses. That’s just bull shit.”

“Last time I checked we weren’t even together…” he murmured to himself.

I bit my lip. “You’re right. We weren’t together. And I’m happy you finally said that. Thanks, dick head.” I spat, my voice cracking from the pain piercing from my chest.

“AMBER. COME ON.” He sighed as I began to walk away.

“Fuck off!”

Why was he being this way!?

How do I know that he’s still the guy I fell in love with? I miss him. I miss the way he held my hand. I miss him just being there for me. I miss our cuddles. I miss his presence.

I began to walk out of his sight as a tear fell from my chestnut brown eyes to my burning red cheeks.

I felt a hand grip me along the waist. He pulled me closer as he spun me around to face him. Our lips grasped together as I felt the intensity between us. No matter how hard I tried to resist I kissed back. Our tongues danced as he cupped my face with his strong hands. His kisses were different from any other I've had and it always reminded me of all the good memories we shared.  Tears started to fall down my face as I knew the moment had to end. That moment, I realised his importance in my life. I realised that I couldn’t go on another day without his touch.

Our lips parted as his mesmerizing eyes locked with mine.

“Why.” I said as I faced the floor. “Can you just stop.” I said under my breath.

“Stop making me feel like an idiot.” My fists clenched with anger.

He stood in front of me, clueless as to what he planned to do next.

“Why did you kiss her?” I stammered.

He placed his arm at the back of his head, refusing to show emotion. Guilt struck. “I’m sorry." He said. The bags under his eyes deepening. “I missed my chances with the perfect girl because I was drunk. I want to say that I need you back. I want to say that things should be the same again, but I'm scared I might mess up again and hurt you even more.” He said softly, hair hiding his face.

His words echoed the room.

“I always thought that I could be that special guy for you… I always thought that maybe, I’d be with you till the end and the fact that I made you feel so much pain is just. It's not fair on you. I don’t ever want to do that again.” He said as he gently held on to my arms. “I think…that. No matter how much it kills to say this, Ambs. I think that I need to let you go.”