Chapter 2:

His face grew flat as he turned away, not giving me a second glance. I looked at him, hoping to receive a soft smile but this failed to ever happen throughout Maths. I sighed. Maybe I should give him a chance.

It was the same thing, everywhere I've been. I was never remembered; no one has ever kept contact with me for a span longer than 2 weeks so what’s the point in ‘friendship’? My heart's been closed for the longest of time, the pain in my chest was one I never wanted back. The faith I have, the trust for the people around me is bone dry. I've always been alone.

The rest of the day flew by and I soon found myself sitting at home staring into space. I heard the door creak, causing me to snap back into reality.

“Honey, how was your first day?” Mum called out.

I sighed and began to answer, “Wonderful.” I remarked as I quickly shook my head.

We used to live in London, that's where I was born. We moved a couple of times and before I even noticed, I grew up. My whole family still lives there as well as my older brother and sister who refuse to travel with us anymore. The thing I've always found most comforting about being in a plane was the realisation that the sky was one. No matter where I went, I've always loved the idea of being bonded together by everyone and anyone with the clouds up above. It made me smile.

“Dinner's ready.” My Mum mentioned before shutting the door.

I sprinted down the stairs careful enough to not trip and fall. Who else can wear socks and run like a maniac?  “I’m a fucking ninja.” I laughed to myself. After devouring my meal, I instantly washed my plate and ran back to my so called, "cave."

I couldn’t think straight. Every time I shut my eyes his face appeared, mocking me. I must've seemed like an utter twat. My head shook at the thought. I opened my rusty white window and stopped, stunned at the starry, dark night.

“Absolutely beautiful…” I said under my breath. “That one kind of reminds me of his eyes." I pointed out as I blushed.

I collapsed on my bed. What was I saying!? I resulted to thinking that the hour of the day must've been having an effect on me. I checked the clock, nearly 1 am. This was definitely a case of emotional hallucinating.

“I hope that’s a real thing.” I worriedly thought.

His blonde locks, gorgeous blue pearls and soft pink lips re-appeared in my mind. I couldn’t possibly be insterested in someone like him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 months later.

*I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing. Roman Cavalry choirs are singing. Be my mirror, my sword and shield. A missionary in a foreign field.*

SMACK.

"School." I groaned.

In the beginning of the year it was hard. I spoke to myself most of the time and roamed around alone. Niall would sometimes see me and smile at my silliness. And yet he didn't dare to approach me due to our last conversation. This one sure knew how to keep a promise; he really did leave me alone and I hated it. The longer I stayed in this school, the more I fell in deep confusion about what I felt for him. I made a few friends in the third week. The difference between me and them is that I was no cakey faced duck.

“BRIANNA!” I shouted.

“AMBER! Huggies!” she squeeled.

I shook my head as she grabbed my whole body and embraced me.

“So you heard about the talent show being held in our school?” She happily mentioned whilst linking arms with me.

“I’m guessing you’re planning on joining. Are you going to sign up!?” I laughed.