Chapter 4:

We happily walked to the bus stop and waited patiently for the public vehicle to come, the sound of cars filling our ears. Luckily for us the High Street was only two stops away so the journey would be anything but long. 

"I SEE IT!" Niall said in a sing song manner whilst looking into the distance.

As we got onto the red double-decker, we surrendered our change to the man in uniform and headed to two empty seats in the middle portion.

"Hey. Let's play a game while waiting." He suggested, the bus now on its way. "Truth or Dare?"

"Do we have to?" I moaned. "Okay, truth!"

I was never one for dares. 

Niall scrunched his face. "Do you like anyone?" He smirked, satisfied with his question. "You can't change it anymore." He added.

"I know, I know." I chuckled. I sunk to my seat as I stared outside the window, not wanting to answer.

"Are you ignoring me?" He looked at me, amused. 

I giggled. "Fine. To answer your question, yes I do."

Niall wiggled his eyebrows at me which made me laugh even harder.  "My Mum. I like my Mum. She's a nice woman, you should actually meet her some time! She makes good chicke-"

Niall stood up and pointed to me, attention now being drawn to us. "We have a cheater over here. A CHEATER." He laughed.

"Sit down!" I hissed as I pulled him back down to his seat.

"Then tell me." His face was now serious as he waited for my answer.

The bus roughly stopped and opened its doors. "I'm afraid it's our stop!" I brushed past him and stepped out. Shops filled every corner as people walked around happily, the sun now deciding to reveal itself.

"McDonald's?" I asked, quick to change the topic.

"You already know me so well." He smirked. "What do you want?”

I squeeled. "McNuggets and chips please!" 

"You're such a kid." He chuckled as he ruffled my hair. I smiled to myself as I watched him.

Niall ran to the cashier and after what seemed like ten minutes, he headed back to our table with a red tray with our meal. 4 burgers, 2 large fries and a large coke later, a loud burp escaped Niall's lips. His eyes wondered the room as he murmured something under his breath.

"What dya say?" I tilted my head.

"Nothing you'd want to know!" he grinned. "We should probably head back now." He mentioned whilst leaning closer.

"Why? We've still got 2 hours left!" I whined.

"Little Ms. Rebel can't get enough of me?" He seductively whispered to my ear.

I shuffled in my seat uncomfortably. My feelings unclear. "Amber?" He continued.

"There's a spider on your shirt."

I screamed. "YOU IDIOT!!!" I started repeatedly hitting my uniform at my will to murder the arachnid as my face grew pale. The one thing I hated the most.

Niall watched me dance with terror as he clapped his hands and laughed his head off at the sight. He held my shoulders to try and calm me down, but tipped over our drinks unintentionally instead.

"YOU MADE ME WET!!" I groaned.

"I did, did I?" He said with a wink. Smirks filled the room.

"That's it. I'm going now." I grabbed my things and stormed outside, stomping my feet. He just didn't know when to stop. Niall followed me out, hands in his pockets as his laugh echoed.

"Hey, wait up!" He said only a few steps behind me. I paced faster. "AMBER!"

"What do you want!? I'm humiliated enough!" I shouted, halting my pace. Niall said something under his breath again as he ran up to me.

"I CAN’T BLOODY HEAR YOU, YOU DICK!!" I shouted.

"YOU."

I stopped. My eyes widened, I shook my head to check if what I was hearing was correct. I couldn't move, my heart pumped faster than ever as I refused to face Niall.  I nervously rubbed my hands together.

"YOU AMBER. I LIKE YOU. FROM THE MOMENT I MET YOU EVERYTHING CHANGED." He said face to the floor.

I walked closer to him.

“Amber, you’re the only person who can make me smile like this. Ever since we met, you’ve been the last thing I thought about at night and the first in the morning. I really like you and I need you to be with me. Do you think we can try this?” He rubbed the back of his neck.

Our eyes locked.

“Niall. What if you break my heart? What if this goes completely wrong? I don't want to hurt. I really don't. I think I like you too, but I don't know if I want to-"

“Don’t answer.” He quietly said. “Don’t answer. Not yet.  Just forget it. I’m not ready for your reply. But I’ll be here for you Ambs. Anytime, anywhere. Don’t ever forget that.”

I softly smiled at him.

“Amber.” Niall lifted my chin with his tender hands and cupped my cheek.

“You're beautiful."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know this is still crappy. Writer's block and guilt. Tell me what you think PLEASEEEE. <3 J.