Chapter 10:

“You want to go have a munch round my house? My parents aren’t home!” I giggled as we walked to the bus stop.

“I don’t really want to take advantage of the situation. I am a gentleman.” He said with a wink.

“No nothing dirty you arse. I was just honestly in the mood for a movie and seeing as Brianna is gone I thought that maybe you’d like to come?” I sneered.

“I thought your parents hated it when people went to your house?” he quickly replied.

“Yeah. But it’s not like we’re going to do anything crazy. I’m making you lunch. Not raping you.” I laughed.

“What if Iseduce you though?” He grinned.

I slapped his arm. “Not going to happen. I think you've forgotten that you’re a dick?” 

“That hurts Amber.” Niall pouted his lips and faced a different direction. I shoved him as I chuckled. "Sorry boo." I cooed, playing along.

"It's okay honey." He joked, still cackling as we patiently waited for our transport.

A group of girls walked past us, smirking at themselves at the sight of Niall. Their eyebrows rose as they giggled. Abbie being part of them, I noticed. Her face lit up without care as she walked towards us, her skirt shorter than supposed to be, swaying from side to side just as her hips had.

“Niall!” She brushed past me, scoffing. “You want to come to my party? It’s tonight, at my house. Sean’s coming.” The sound of her French accent made me gag.

Niall looked at me for a few seconds as he softly smiled. “No thank you, hanging out with my bebo stunnahh over here.” He chuckled pointing to me as I grinned.

“Awh but you came last time. Why don’t you bring her?” Abbie quickly responded.

My eyes widened as I stared at her, confused. “You went last time huh?” I whispered to myself. I turned to Niall, my eyebrow cocked. I had no right to know where he was every single minute of every day, but I would think that the way we acted around each other was nowhere near, "just friends." He hasn’t ever asked me out which I hated him for, nor has he associated the word ‘girlfriend’ around me. Who exactly was I in his life? Niall looked at me for approval, obviously not realising the disappointment in my facial expressions; he emphasized his pleading eyes as he smiled that smile of his that would immediately make me give in.

“Go, if you want.” I sighed. “I guess I'll just stay at home.” They continued to speak to each other as I unwillingly took note of the location and time, even if I didn't want to. I just knew that I was worried.

I stared blankly into space as the group disappeared. He went… last time. I cleared my throat. I guess I don't mean as much to him as I thought. The tone of voice grew lazy as I mumbled to myself. I’m probably just over thinking things again. I shook my head. I have no dominance over him; he can do whatever he wants. I don't know why I did, but I trusted him.  “Go.” I faintly smiled at him.

“You sure? What happened to our movie session?” He asked, tilting his head.

“Forget it.” I mumbled.

“Look I’ll make it up to you, this is weird, but I’ll take you home! And I’ll ride the bus back to my house so that I know your safe and so we have more time together.” He suggested.

“How is this exactly making up?” I questioned.

“I’m keeping you safe my princess!!” He stood up straight and put both of his hands to his sides, trying his best to pull a poker face.