Chapter 7:

30th March 2009

The talent show was going to be held in a couple of months time and I needed to get my head together and practise. I couldn't stop thinking about the whole idea of it and I brought myself to realise that I had to try my best to save myself from embarrassment. 

As I walked in the school gates not a soul was around. I rubbed my hands together. The foggy skies surrounded me as I entered the warm radiator-filled building. It was still quite empty at 6 am. I walked towards my locker and removed my black coat and red gloves. Knowing my own lazy capabilities, I stuffed it all inside my grey small locker and proceeded to put the lock back on.

*Click*

Good to go.

I ran up the staircase towards the music room on the top floor and carefully checked my surroundings as I opened the orange coloured door. This led me to a sound proof area that had nothing but a black sleek piano in the corner, awaiting me. I lifted the fall of the instrument and cracked my small knuckles, ready to warm up.

My eyes gently shut tight as I began to play. Learning this instrument was something I was forced to do. Typical from my parents who have loved classical music all their lives; they played Mozart while I slept as a baby and eventually decided for me to learn myself. At first I’ll be honest and say that it was a pain. It was absolutely boring and not to mention that the teacher was far from nice. But as I aged I guess I began to become more fond of the piano itself. It’s as if it was a stress relief of some sorts and the feeling of achievement after mastering a song was like no other. It was beautiful.

My hands synchronized with my head as I began to vaguely picture the song playing whilst my eyes shut.

“Closed off from love, I didn’t need the pain.

Once or twice was enough and it was all in vain

Time starts to pass before you know it you’re frozen.”

I sang with all my heart.

“But I don’t care what they say; I’m in love with you

They try to pull me away but they don’t know the truth.

My hearts crippled by the vein that I keep on closing.”

No one can ever do this song justice. I loved Leona Lewis. Her voice was absolutely angelic and the way she sang her lyrcs was something I had always adored. 

“You cut me open and I.

Keep bleeding I keep, keep bleeding love.

I keep bleeding I keep, keep bleeding love.

You cut me open.”

The door creaked open as my eyes shot up. 

“Who’s there?!” I worriedly asked, still heavily breathing.

I heard faint whispers in the background trying to come unnoticed. I waited only to find that a girl with short black hair had hesitantly entered the room.

“Sorry lovely." She paused. "I was just walking around school trying to find Ms. and I  guess I stumbled into this room. Your voice is really amazing.” She said, shuffling her feet.

“Thanks uh- is anyone else out there!?” I paranoidly added.

She shook her head. It was obvious that she fibbed just by looking at the way her eyes had twitched, but I chose to ignore it. I had never seen her face before and the way she stood confidently  with a smile made me envy her.