Chapter 1:

September 4th 2008.

“Mum please don't let me go to school.” I groaned.

I had only just moved to Ireland that night and everything seemed like a disaster. My father has always loved exploring different countries, however the consenquences of that is that I've yet to have a home where you could walk down the street and say a number of, "Hello's" to all these people in town. At least that's what I imagined it to be like. I adored seeing the world, I adored learning about culture, yet it never felt truly right.

“YOU’RE GOING TO BE LATE AMBER!” She shouted.

Assuming from that tone, I realised that she was not to be messed with. My eyes unconsciously rolled as I quickly ran down the white staircase, ignoring the state of my appearance.

“Fuck it”. I murmured under my breath.

My long wavy brown hair bounced as I walked towards the dragon of my household. I was an average girl. 5"3, tanned skin and the dull brown eyes I had. I never stood out, unnoticed and that was the longest unresolved problem I've had in my years of existence

“Done. I’m ready to go to my 7th school.” a hint of annoyance evidently shown through my voice.

“Don't speak to me like that Amber, it won't be as bad as you expect it to be.” She said, grabbing hold of me.

“Now go on. Wait in the bus stop across the road and remember after four stops turn right then go down the road. That should be your school, are you sure you don't want me to come along?” she furrowed her eyebrows.

"No, it's fine Mum." I nodded, unsure whether I'd even remember the directions. As I headed straight towards the door my mum stopped me and gave me my lunch. I shook my head, grabbed the handle and opened the door to feel the strong, cold winds brush through my face.

“Mullingar, ey? ”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lost. Roughly 10 minutes in and I was capable of already messing up. There wasn't a soul in sight when I needed one. Typical. I never understood why I could never remember such simple information. It was terrible to have this bad of a memory at my age.

"Am I living in a ghost town or is it always like this!?" I thought.

The clock ticked and tocked as I paced up and down, knowing that school would start in a matter of time.

“Ride the bus. Check. Fourth stop. Check. Make a right. Check. Then turn… What was it? Left?” I whispered to myself.

Just when I was in the edge of giving up, I spotted a girl running rapidly, her short legs moving fast resembling an elegant tiger. We wore the same uniform to Castlebury Academy. I quickly ran after her, leading me to a tall, grey structure surrounded by trees of varied sizes. Their branches swinging to the song of the wind.

“Fuck yeah!” I cheered as I entered the school grounds.

A victory dance had to be done. It involved booty shaking and awkward bopping as  I received stares of all kind. I giggled to myself without care, appreciating my little achievement. A loud, almost siren like instrument vibrated into my ears.

I sighed.

Seconds after the bell, the main atrium seemed as if it were abandoned, a single student not in sight. No one to converse with and ask for help. My heart pumped faster and faster as I quickly felt my stomach flip and turn. Looking around the large circular floor, I noticed a pale lady sitting by a desk in the corner. Her fingers tapping away as her eyes were glued to the computer screen. I walked towards her slowly, only to be noticed and asked ever so rudely why I wasn’t in class.

“Sorry Ms. I’m the new student. Amber Jones? I don’t really know where to go.” I nervously replied.

Her face relaxed as she stood up and gave me a piece of paper.

"This is your schedule, I'll be guiding you to your first class which is Maths." She squeeked.

I walked faster through the corridor to catch up to her pace, only for her to suddenly stop.

"Y'alright here? I need to get back, it's just right there." She pointed. I nodded my head as she walked away, the sound of her heels disappearing by the second. I walked towards the yellow door and as I saw  the words, "Ms. Bryant" engraved on the door I heard my name being mentioned.

“Has anyone seen Amber? Amber Jones?” She crinkled her nose whilst brushing away her brown fringe as she looked around. The medium-sized room of laughter transformed to an eerie silence as I froze.

“Shit. Fuck. Shit. Fuck. Holy crap.” I swore to myself.

Knocking at the door was the only option this time. Heads turned as I was welcommed by a middle-aged woman with tanned skin and what seemed to be grey eyes, the sides of her mouth softly turned up as she greeted me.

“You must be Amber. Hi! I'm Ms. Bryant.” Her arm swayed to the class as I forced myself to have a grin on somehow.

Stares filled the room with blank expressions as I walked to the front.  The teacher pointed me to an empty seat at the back table next to a boy with blonde, gelled hair. His blue eyes quickly caught my attention as I came to notice that he was the one out of thirty that had continued talking and laughing.

“Just my luck” I said loud enough for just myself to hear.

I shuffled down the aisle and finally reached my slighly graffitied table after what seemed like forever. My hands were shaking; I was never good with introductions. It definitely didn't help at all that the person whom I sat next to was the typical popular boy I always avoid. I placed my bag below the desk and sat down on the chair I was assigned to; my heart still pounding.

“Alright, class let’s get started. Today we’ll be learning about…”

Ms Bryant’s voice slowly faded away as I zoned out for a good ten minutes. A hand suddenly appeared out of nowhere in front of my face, giving me the closest I'll get to a heart attack.

“The fuck?!” I raised an eyebrow.

“Oooh. You've got a filthy mouth for a newbie.” He smirked as he leaned to my side, still keeping his attention to the lesson.

“Whatever blondie.” I mumbled.

He deeply chuckled as I attempted to concentrate and catch up to their lesson. Quickly glancing at Niall, his face became clear with curiosity and excitement as he raised an eyebrow in interest, noticing my guitar pick.

“You play guitar!?" He mentioned, trying to lower his voice. "Ahh, I don't know why I get so excited to find that people do, but it's just so damn cool. Me too! My name’s Niall Horan and yours!?” He loudly proclaimed, smiling.

I cocked an eyebrow. His sleeves rolled up as he leaned his chair back against the wall, top button undone and tie as loose as it can be, hair ruffled. He suited that look, but I couldn't shake the thought in my head. I felt like I knew him. I have met people like him before, fun, happy, annoying.

“Amber Jones.” I whispered. 

"You're not from here are ya?" He smirked, his Irish accent now unavoidable. 

"Not at all." I bluntly replied.

"Do you want me to show you around, eat lunch with me, be my girlfriend?" He wiggled his eyebrows with a grin.

I scoffed. What an arrogant bastard. I smirked. “Niall can you do something for me?”

He nodded.

“Leave me alone alright?”

-------------------------------------------------------------

So I hope you liked it! Tell me if you want me to continue below and yer.

I’d appreciate it if you vote and comment!! :D

Criticism is wanted also!

Thanks for reading and I love you guys!<3