Chapter 47

"This is it!" Joyce cried after reading F.F.'s words in the book.

Merek and Phoebe were smiling at Joyce.

"An act of true love towards the men will bring them back! We need to figure out an act of true love." Joyce said. 

All three of them were so focused on the book, that they didn't realize that the white mist that Joyce had created around the castle was quickly fading.

When Joyce looked up from the book, she gasped.

"The mist is gone!" She said in shock, "I thought it was last for a little bit longer!"

Joyce looked at Merek with concern. Jeana would surely find them.

They had to find Jeana first and stop her from making her Curse of Hate stronger.

"We have to find Jeana." Joyce said, "I need to keep the castle safe and find a true act of love to break the curse."

"You can't go alone." Merek said.

"Queen Phoebe can come with me so that you're safe here Merek." Joyce suggested.

"No, I won't let you go. You'll get hurt." Merek replied.

"Merek, I can handle myself and I'm sure your mother can as well. Need I remind you that you're the most wanted man in Dungannon right now?" Joyce countered.

"I can't let you go alone with Mother, Joyce. I need you to be safe!" Merek said.

"Well I can't guarantee that it will be safe looking for Jeana. She's extremely angry and could probably cast a Curse of Hate on me and then everything would be lost." Joyce said.

"I won't let Jeana cast the Curse of Hate on you!" Merek said with fire in his blue eyes.

There was silence.

Everyone knew that there was no possible way that King Merek could stop Jeana from hurting Joyce.

But then Queen Phoebe spoke, "How about both you and Merek go find an act of true love, Joyce? I'll watch the castle and kingdom here, and guard the book."

"Mother, it's not safe here now that the mist is gone." Merek said.

"I know that Merek," Phoebe said patiently, "However, I think it would be beneficial for me to take a turn watching over the kingdom from the castle and for you to be protected by Joyce."

Merek just stared at his mother.

"Merek you're in danger. Jeana wants to finish the job and get rid of you before she pounces on Joyce. The only person powerful enough to stop Jeana at this point is our woman in red."

Queen Phoebe shifted her gaze to Joyce. Joyce looked at the ground.

Phoebe looked back at her son and continued, "I have faith that Joyce can protect you Merek. Much better than our castle and guards can. Joyce has the weapon of magic, while the rest of us do not. Please Merek. Go with Joyce to find Jeana."

There was a silence for a long time before anyone spoke.

Finally Merek said, "Okay. I'll let you stay here. I'll go with Joyce."