Chapter 35

***

Jackie had been walking in the forest for a few days. She had barely passed out of Breecrest, the outcast village. She had ran into some very crazy women! Thankfully, she was pretty crazy herself, and made it out unharmed. 

She sped down the forest path, toward Wedgemore. She was breathing hard. Jackie hadn't traveled this much in ages!

She never had a need to.

Everyone who wanted their fortune told had come to her.

But Jackie wasn't going to let her uncomfortable feelings get the better of her. So she trudged on. 

*** 

Night had fallen, but Jackie had made it to Wedgemore. 

"Where would Mirabelle be?" She whispered. Jackie couldn't let anyone know she was here. She had history in this village, and she wasn't sure if people would remember her. Jackie hid in the bushes and watched. She saw several Essence women walking the streets, patrolling. 

Her eyes hovered to a run down wooden building. She saw a woman in a yellow dress hurrying through the street. The woman dashed into the building, avoiding the Essence.

"That's it." Jackie said, "That's where Mirabelle is."

Jackie was so tired from walking all this way, but quickly took a chance to run to the door without the Essence catching her. 

She pushed open the door and found several women looking at her in shock. 

"Who is here?" An older woman's voice said from another room.

Jackie was frozen.

Was she in the right place?

Then, she saw Mirabelle walk into the room.

"Sister!" Mirabelle said with a big smiled, "How nice it is to see you!"    

***