Chapter Eleven

Wednesday morning I'm awake far earlier than normal. Austin is in the studio by nine, so he can come home at noon for our interviews we have set up. I am wandering around the house cleaning every corner of every room. I've already cleaned our bedroom, bathrooms and the other guest bedrooms, now I'm in the kitchen cleaning up leftover dishes and scubbing down the counters. Doctor Maria told me to continue doing everything I would normallly do during the day, but I am still cautious about pushing myself too hard.

With the kitchen cleaned I move onto the living room. This house is so messy for it just being Austin and I living here. Blankets are thrown all over the room, cups left on the coffee table, DVDs laying around out of their cases, and occasionaly our clothes thrown about all over the house. I fold the blankets and put them back in the closet, put cups in the dishwasher, clothes in the washing machine and DVDs back on the shelf where they belong.

Austin walks through the door right at noon and stops in the living room, as I put the last blanket away.

"So this is what our living room is supposed to look like?" He jokes.

"I know, right?" I laugh. "We're a bunch of pigs."

"What time are the girls going to be here?" Austin asks.

"Melissa will be here soon, and Corrine's coming around one." I answer him.

"Do you need me to help you with anything else?"

I shake my head. "I'm going to put some fruit out on the table. Can you open the door when she gets here?"

Austin nods his head and plops down on the couch, while I go into the kitchen to cut up some fruit for us to eat. Right as I set the bowl down on the table, the doorbell rings. I can hear Austin walk over to the front door and greet Melissa. They both walk into the kitchen moments later.

I step arounf the counter, as Austin stands beside me.

"Hi, you must be Melissa." I say, extending a hand. "I'm Calli."

"Nice to meet you, Calli." She shakes my hand quickly, before releasing it.

The three of us sit down at the table so Austin and I can get to know her. We ask her questions about her life, how she cooks, and her past experience. Melissa tells us she is a mother of two, with years of experience in being a professional chef. Her current job is at a Culinary Arts school teaching students how to make anything you can think of.

"Are you looking to get out of that current job?" I ask her.

She nods her head. "The hours are too long, and I need to be able to take care of my kids."

"Do you mind me asking how old they are?" I question.

"Not at all." She replies. "The oldest is two and a half, and the youngest is ten months."

Austin and I glance at each other, before turning our attention back to her.

"I don't mean to tell you how to raise you children, but shouldn't you be home with them since they are so young?"

"My husband stays home with them during the day while I am out at work, and when I come home he leaves for work." She says. "His job changed his hours, however, so I am needed at home during the day while he's working until late at night."

"You know with this it would be an all day, everyday, thing right?" Austin presses. "We need someone to help with taking care of the house; Calli's almost five months pregnant, I'm in the studio during the day, and Calli has doctors appointments once or twice a week now."

Melissa nods her head. "I understand that."

Austin sighs. "Well alright. We will let you know by the end of the week."