Chapter Thirty One

BONUS CHAPTER!

What the hell is going on?" I ask, hearing my voice shake as I try not to cry.

"The man of your dreams is standing behind those doors waiting for you." Sarah says. "This is his way of fixing his mistakes and reminding you how much he loves you."

"This is really happening?" I ask, not even bothering to stop the tears from falling.

"Let's go get him." Sarah whispers.

I nod my head and the doors are opened. Austin is standing at the front, and turns to face me. His eyes shine with the same light I remembered, his smile shakes as tears stream down his face. He can't believe it either. My family and friends from Texas are all seated in the pews, smiling at me. I hate how slow we are walking down the aisle; I want to sprint into his arms now.

We finally make it and Austin's shaky hand takes my own.

"Sometimes we lose our way. Sometimes we fall short of our partners expectations. And sometimes, our dreams become more important than the love we promise each other. With Austin and Calli, they never held each other back, they only held each other as close as they possibly could, for the fear that if they let go, they'd be gone forever."

The ordain minister glances at Austin, and he takes a huge breath. "It's been seven years since the day I met you. You were dancing in a competition and I completely stole your spotlight. You hated me, called me stupid, and wanted nothing to do with me. Later, I found out that was just the wall you put up to keep yourself from getting hurt. We fell in love, and we fell fast. You became my everything in such a short amount of time and I will never forget what you've done to my heart. You know how to make me feel like I'm on top of the world, when only seconds before I felt crushed by the weight of it."

He takes a second to laugh, as tears flow down my face and a sob shakes my core.

"I've almost lost you more times than I could ever believe would happen. We overcame obstacle after obstacle and somehow we came back stronger than ever with each time. I will never understand your grace, your passion, and the love you carry for every single person you come across. You are my best friend and the love of my life. I'm here before our friends, family, and God, to show you and even myself to prove the way I love you. I will vow today, just like I did on our wedding day, to love you until the day I die. You're my best friend and I couldn't imagine doing life without you."

Words escape me as a new, and much bigger, ring is placed on my finger.

"I love you." Is the only thing I can get my mouth to say.

The minister glances at me. "Would you like to say anything now?"

I let out a half laugh. "You expect me to compete with that?"

Everyone in the room laughs.

"I guess I'll have to try." I take a deep breath. "The first line in one of my favorite songs you have is, 'I built my walls up high, but now they're falling and you're the reason why.' That's my favorite line, because that's exactly what you did to me. You healed my fragile, damaged, heart with the way you love. You love without limit and you remind me everyday just how big the love you have is, by the way look at me. Your eyes tell me every emotion you're feeling and they lead a straight pathway to your heart. Your touch tells me how you treasure me, because of how soft you are. I could go on for days about how I know you love me, but we'd be here for days and we don't have that kind of time. My life has been forever changed since the day you ruined my chances of getting a college scholarship. But, that being ruined just shows how it's supposed to be you. Obstacle after obstacle your love has never failed on me. We may have been blindsided momentarily, but our love is the kind you only read about. It's the kind that people question how the hell we're still together, but pray there's never a day we aren't together. You are the strongest, bravest, and most humble person I know. I don't want there to be a day without you. You are the love of my life, Austin."

I'm handed a new wedding band for Austin and I slip it onto his finger.

I have heavy sobs pouring out of me, and all I can feel is pure joy. I'm looking up at Austin and his smile is the widest I've seen it in months. I can barely hear the minister tell Austin he can, "kiss his bride'" when his hands are on either side of my face pulling me into him.  Everyone around us is cheering, and bright lights flashing would blind my vision if my eyes weren't closed at this moment.

We slowly, and hesitantly, pull away from each other and lock our fingers together. We turn to face the crowd of people that love us, and they are all crying along with us. This is without a doubt the happiest day of my life. 

We climb into the limousine that's waiting out front for us, and let it take us to the destination of our reception. I glance behind us to see everyone piling into their own cars. I glance back at Austin, who's eyes haven't stopped watching me. The limo ride is silent. I sit as close to him as I can, still clinging to his hands, with my head on his shoulder. I don't have any words left in me to explain what just happened.

We pull up back to Sarah and Alex's house. Everyone beat us there, and we walk inside to see everyone we know and love standing around eating, drinking, and laughing. The emptiness I felt months ago has finally left me. I look up at Austin and remember that he is what made everything feel so full and perfect, even amidst the chaos.

We greet every person in the room, who all say the same thing to us. "I'm so happy it worked out between you two."

When I look up at him, I think to myself, "I'm happy it did too."

We spend all night with our closest friends and family, who go around the room sharing memories, and special advice for us to keep this going on forever. We laugh and cry for what seems like hours, and I wish the night would never end.

By the time it's almost three in the morning, people finally start to say their goodbyes. I hug my family and friends from home so tightly. Them being here made it all the more perfect. When the guests leave, Austin and I hug the eight people who made this work so perfectly. The girls and I cry with each other, while the guys stand around and roll their eyes at us, but we know they secretly want to cry with us too. Austin and I pick up a sleeping Graham, load him into the car, and drive back to our home.

We walk into the front door, and Austin tells me to go change and he'll get Graham into his crib. After I let my hair down, take off my makeup, and slip into one of Austin's shirts, he's still not in our room. I walk out of our room and see Graham's door down the hall is still open. I quietly stand in the doorway, and watch as Austin kneels by the crib, rubbing our son's back. He looks back at me with tears in his eyes. Standing up, he wipes his eyes and makes his way towards me. I shut the door behind us and wraps my arms around him.

"I was so afraid I would never get a night like this again." He confesses. "I never wanted to lose you, and I almost did."

"But you didn't." I whisper, placing my lips against his neck. "I'm not going anywhere."

He gently lifts my head and places his lips against mine. This kiss is different from the one in the church. That kiss was a longing and missing you kind. This one, is the kind where we need each other. I wrap my arms around his neck, as he lifts me off the floor and carries me into our bedroom, all while never breaking our kiss. He lays me down on the bed, his body hovering over mine. His hands trail up my legs to my stomach, lifting his shirt off of me.

We spend most of what's left of the night making love to each other, telling the other how much we love and how much we need them.

I wake up before him the next morning, and watch him silently as he sleeps. I lift one of his arms, and slide underneath his body, just to feel closer to him. He wraps his arms tightly around me, pulling me against him.

"I love you, Callista Rose." He says, keeping his eyes closed.

"I love you, Austin Carter." I whisper, before pressing my lips back to his.

A/N: I am so sorry it took me three months to get this chapter out! The last few months have been crazy and I haven't had any time to write this for y'all! After this chapter, is the epilogue then the story is over! D: I'm sad to see it end, but I'm so happy with all of the feedback I received from everyone! Comment, vote and share! Let ,e know what y'all think of it! 

-Abbie Xx <3