Chapter Three

For being so patient with me-and my writers block going away- here's another update! Enjoy! Xx- Abbie <3

-Calli-

The next morning, when I wake up, my throat is dry, my head is pounding and my whole body is damp. I don't remember much of what happened last night. The only thing that I for sure know is Austin finding me in the bathroom. How I got there, I still don't know. Something heavy is on top of me. I turn my head, trying to ignore the thumping continuing across my temple. Austin is sprawled out on top of me, snoring slightly. I carefully, crawl out from underneath his heavy body.

I sit on the edge of the bed, gripping my stomach. There's a knot in my stomach, and a bad taste in my mouth. I glance around the bed, trying to put the pieces together. There's a rag laying next to Austin's hands. I grab it, and feel the slight dampness. Slowly, I crawl off the bed and every muscle in my body is sore. My left knee has a shooting pain, similar to when I got in the accident.

I drop to the floor once inside the bathroom; I can't take another step. My head tells me to call for Austin to help me, but he needs the rest.

"Austin." I cry, listening to my head. Tears stream down my face as Austin makes his way into the bathroom, kneeling beside me.

"Calli what's wrong?" His face shows exhaustion, but I can see the fear in his eyes.

"I don't know." My tears are flowing faster than before. "I'm scared, Austin. My knee hurts again, my head is ponding. What happened last night?"

His eyes widen. "You don't remember?"

I shake my head as a sob escapes my lips.

"Okay. I'm calling the doctor." He grabs the rag, that was once beside me. After soaking it underneath the sink and wringing it out, he places it against my neck. "Stay here."

He exits the bathroom to call the doctor. Once he's off the phone, he rushes back in the bathroom and helps get me changed into normal clothes. While he changes, I lean my head back against the wall. Everything starts to spin. I feel like I'm tipping sideways.

"Calli!" Austin calls. "Keep your eyes open."

"I can't." My voice is so soft I don't know if he heard me.

"You need to." His voice is stern. "Your doctor will be here soon."

The doorbell echoes through the large house. Austin steadies me back against the wall, before rushing out. Seconds later he comes in with men in a white jacket and a gurney. Its turning dark, voices are blurring together. I can hear them calling my name, but I can't respond. Everything goes black, just as my body begins to thrash around on the cold tile floor.

***

There's beeping, and soft voices coming. I open my eyes to see I am lying in a hospital bed. The voices are outside my room, and they sound angry. I can vaguely make out Austin's voice. The door slowly opens, and Austin steps through. Anger leaves his eyes and is instantly replaced with happiness.

"I'm so glad you're awake."  He comes to the bed and kisses the top of my head.

"What happened?" I don't recognize my voice. It's raspy, and sounds like I've been smoking my whole life.

"You had some tests done the other day." He answers.

"The other day?" My eyes widen. "How long have I been unconscious?"

"It's only Monday." He says softly. "The doctors needed you to be unconscious while they did the tests."

"Austin." My voice cracks again. "Your show is tonight. You look like you haven't slept at all."