Chapter Twenty Four

When I woke up, I had no recollectin of what had happened that night. I remembered kicking Austin out, and crying on Cori's shoulder for over an hour. When I had finally stopped crying, I felt weak and tired. I got up to take a shower; Cori offered to wait in my room for me, but I told her no. I hope she doesn't blame herself. The last thing I can remember is turning on the water, before waking up in the hospital bed.

The first thing I saw when I woke up, was my doctor. It scared me at first, some young, attractive man in my room. He turned around and smiled brightly at me. He's young; I swear he could be fresh out of med school with that baby face. He always walks in my room with a smile on his face, his prefect teeth shining bright at me. His blonde hair is pushed up off his face, with the brightest green eyes.

"So that's what those pretty eyes look like." He says, his accent thick like he's from the deep south. "I was hoping I'd get to see them soon."

I can feel heat rising in my cheeks.

"I'm married." Is the first thing out of my mouth.

A soft chuckle comes out of his mouth. "I saw the ring. Just thought you could use a little laugh."

"How long have I been unconscious?" I aks him.

"Only a few hours." He says. "Luckily, your friend found you in the bathroom after you'd only been unconscious about fifteen minutes. That was after ten."

"What time is it now?"

"About two thirty." He answers.

"How is my baby?" I ask him. "Do you know anything?"

He shakes his head. "Not much, but Maria said he is doing fine."

"What's your name?" I ask. "So I know what to call you."

"Mitchell." He says extending a hand towards me. "Just Mitchell."

"Can I ask how old you are?"

He chuckles again. "I'm twenty seven."

"You look younger than me." I say. "I'm only twenty two."

He laughs this time, louder than the chuckle. "I hear that everyday. It's because I can't grow a beard."

"How long have you been a doctor?" I ask.

"Almost three years." He looks down at his clipboard.

"Have you been getting any headaches recently?" He akss, randomly.

I shake my head." Should I be getting headaches?"

Mitchell smirks. "With the amount of injuries sustained to your head, yes you should. However, it's a good sign you aren't. I still want to run a few CAT scans and maybe an MRI on both your head and spine tomorrow just to be safe."

I nod my head. "Do you know if Austin's here?"

"Diane just paged me that he's visiting with Graham. Do you want me to have him come in here?" He asks.

I nod my head. "Please."

As Mitchell walks to the door, I see a book sticking out of his coat pocket.

"What is that?" I ask him, pointing to it.

He takes the book from his pocket. "Thirteen Reasons Why. You ever read it?"

I shake my head. "Is it good?"

He walks back to the bed and lays it in my lap. "Why don't you find out?"

"I can't take your book." I say to him. "I'd feel bad if I couldn't get it back to you."

"Consider it a get well present." He says, smiling widely at me. "Let me go find Austin."