Chapter One

-Austin-

She has no clue I am watching every move she makes and every step she takes. Her body seems to be floating on air as she dances. When I watch her dance, I am reminded why I fell in love with her in the beginning. I love the way she loses herself in a song; I could stand here watching her for hours. The music blasts through the studio as she effortlessly glides across the floor. Her feet are pointed, and her leg raised up to the side of her head. It stills amazes me with everything she can do after the accident.

It's been five years since I almost lost her. Five incredible, torturous, beautiful years. If I said the past five years has been easy, I'd be lying. It took Calli almost three years just to walk again. All of them I spent away from her. That was the most difficult part for me. I couldn't be there to tell her I loved her, I was proud of her, and how I knew she could do it. The two and a half years I spent on tour were miserable; all I wanted was her. The day that I left her was the hardest thing I have had to do. I couldn't focus on the never ending plane ride. It was easily the worst day of my life.

The day we got married, however, was the best. I would be lying if I said I didn't tear up at the sight of her. That beautiful gown, hair and make up done made her look like a princess; in my eyes she is one. I watched her struggle a few steps with the crutches. When she stopped, my heart dropped. I thought she was going to back away and say she couldn't go through with it. Then, she took off the crutches and took her first step. If I was tearing up just at the sight of her in the dress, you can sure as hell bet I was bawling when she walked. She finally reached me with tears in her own eyes.

A year after our honeymoon I performed a show; my first one since the tour. Calli's walking was almost perfect now. She surprised me that morning with her routine with Calum. Her dancing was just as flawless as ever. She told me she wanted to try performing that night. I knew she could do it, and she did. She proved to everyone that she wasn't going to let that accident get in the way of her dream.

It's been four months since that night. Calli has been dancing regularly as well as continuing her physical therapy. That is how we got to where I am now, standing in our Florida home watching her dance. I watch her dance everyday she's in here. I can't help but let my tears fall as I watch her move. I'm proud of her.

Every step she takes is full of grace and pure passion. The music comes to slow, as does her movement. I smile at her in the ending pose, lunging to her left side, left hand holding her off the floor, and her right hand raised high in the air. Her attention stays focused on that right hand. Her expression is serious. I can see her face glowing just like it always does when she dances.

-Calli-

He's watching me. He's always watching me. I come into the studio everyday for at least an hour just to dance. I feel free and light when I move this way. The soft piano plays in the background as I glide across the floor. Austin is there everyday. He thinks I don't notice, but I do. The walls are covered in mirrors so every head turn or spin, I see him. Even if it's just a single glance, I can't help but feel the butterflies in my stomach.

Six years together. Six long and amazing years with him and he can still give me the same butterflies. I don't hide the smile that grows on my face, when I think of our old memories. It feels like a lifetime ago that Austin came into my life. So much has happened to us that I don't know how I could go on without him anymore.

I catch Austin's hand brush up to his eyes. He probably thinks I don't notice that either, but I do. I know how proud of me he his. Not just because he says it everyday, but because of the way he looks at me. The look in his eyes shows me everything he feels; the pride in me, his love, I see it all.

It's only been four months since the first night I danced again. I had been practicing in secret for months, before I told Austin I wanted to dance with Calum again. Of course, everyone was hesitant about it at first. But, I was ready. Sometimes I can still hear the cheering from the crowds. I can see Austin's face with tears slowly falling from his eyes. That night plays forever in my mind.