The Gold Club

I awoke Saturday morning a nervous wreck. The only thoughts in my mind... The concert. What if I forget my lines? What if I forget the lyrics? What if I stuff up a dance move? My mouth was dry and my Heart beat in overdrive. I held my hand out in front of me trying to keep it steady but it shook violently despite my best efforts to keep it calm.

I decided a warm shower might calm my nerves. Knowing my mum and dad were both home meant one thing BREAKFAST! When ever mum and dad were both home on the weekends they would cook a mean breakky. Pancakes, bacon and eggs, French toast And orange juice awaited me down stairs. This in mind my shower was hurried. I threw on my favorite pair of flared jeans with a plain white singlet and flew down the stairs. The mouth watering aroma of mum and dads efforts hit me like a smack in the face the second I opened my bedroom door.

I almost knocked over my glass of orange juice as I dived into my seat across the table from mum. She gave me a stern 'watch what your doing' look with an amused smile that I took no notice of. Dad had just finished the last of the French toast placing it in front of me taking his seat at the head of the table. I sat taking in the breath taking sight in front of me. I felt like a queen. The buffet did not disappoint the visons I had in the shower of what lay ahead of me once I'd gotten out. I greedily filled my plate, shoving a pancake in my mouth before it had a chance to escape.

"good morning hun, hungry much." dad laughed taking a sip of his coffee. I love the smell of coffee. It means dads home.

"mmmorning mmrph mm" I mumbled through a mouth full

Mum and dad looked grossed out. Well they know better than to talk to me when there is paradise heaped on my plate.

"are you nervous about tonight." mum asked knowing it annoys me to talk during breakfast. But hey they cooked so I humor them as best I can.

"totally nervous my entire body's vibrating. I have never been so freaked out in my life. Look at this" I admitted dropping my fork and showing them my shakey hand.

"you'll be fine. Once you get on that stage yyou'll forget everything else." dad cooed tyring to make me feel better. I gave him a smile before turning my attention back to a piece of perfectly fried French toast.

*************************************

"30 minutes girls" a shrill voice my incoherent mind didn't register. Still a bundle of nerves I sat in the dressing room trying not to hyperventilate. Looking around at the rest of my group they were all trying not to show how nervous they were. Last minute practices, fiddling with hair or make up, Talking non stop, perving on themselves in the mirror. Yes that last one was pointed at Donna. She seemed to enjoy my current catatonic state. I bet she hoped I would back out so she could have her 15 minutes of fame.

There were 3 groups altogether Donna sadly enough was in mine. Jaz's group had taken the stage before mine. I watched the first few minutes before I was dragged back into the dressing room for hair, make up and costume. Mike text me good luck making me smile.

"take the stage girls" that shrill annoying voice pierced my ears again. I stood on the side of the stage ready to pass out. I watched the others primp, fluff, pick and peek out to see the audience. Ok show time. I took a deep breath, mentally slapped myself, grabbed my mic and walked on stage.

******************************************

I did it! I actually did it! And it felt GREAT!

" wow babe I had no idea... You were.... Amazing.... Incredible. You could be a star you know. Unbelievable." Mike praised pulling me into a suffocating hug.

"you really liked it? I didn't think this would be your thing" I said skeptically. He really didn't seem the type to like school shows.

"I don't. I hate this kind of shit. But you... You made it worth it" he whispered into my neck.