I have a plan...

???? POV

I know I act like I don't care but I do. I always have. I wasn't raised in a loving environment by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I always felt like my existence was nothing but an inconvenience. I never knew what it felt like to be loved.

I thought it was all just a load of shit. Until her. From the moment I saw her I felt something strange in my belly. When she looked at me, holding my gaze and flashing her intensity beautiful smile at me before looking away all bashful, my heart did this strange thing where it kind of stopped then restarted.

I had no fucking idea what the hell was going on but I needed to be near her.

I know I hurt her. I didn't mean to. I have never felt rejection before either. I've never cared enough to open up to such a feeling. It sucked tho. So I hurt her back because somehow I thought that would make me feel better. It didn't. It just brought on a rush of so many other new feelings. Shame, guilt and hatred. Hatred of myself. Hatred of my family for never giving me the opportunity to learn how to deal with positive emotions. Hatred towards HIM for taking her away.

I started to learn to be a good man, a man she would deserve to have a life with. I learnt to apologise, forgive and be selfless for someone. I wanted to do better, be better.

But it all came to a screeching halt when he took her away. The memory and realisation makes my blood boil and my chest tight. I can't breathe. I hate him. I HATE HIM. I loved her and now she's gone I was becoming a better man. I liked who she was helping me become. I miss her touch. Her smell. Her laugh. Sometimes I even call her phone just so I can hear her voice on voicemail.

I will kill him for this. Even if it is the last thing I do.

First I need to set his world on fire and make him watch it burn. Then I will end him.

I know just who to call to help me too.

Brrrp brrrp brrrp brrrp

"Why the actual fuck are you calling me?"

"Yo. I have a plan. But I need your help"

Dakota POV

I tried to focus on happy thoughts while sitting in the darkness but every memory is tainted by Mike. Every damn one. How does he not see that this is beyond crazy? I am deathly afraid of what all this has done to my baby. I need food and water I can't remember how long ago I had either of those. Has it been seconds? Minutes? Hours? Days? That can't be good for the baby either. I really need to get out of here.

I tried twisting my hands feeling for any give in what held me captive against the bed head.

They were thin metal bars so when I didn't have any luck with wriggling my hands free I tried grasping at a bar.

Pushing my feet into the mattress for a boost I started pushing and pulling at the bar with what little strength I had left hoping something would come loose.

Feeble attempt.

I had absolutely no strength and the bar gave me no indication it was going to come loose.

I gave it one last desperate attempt to loosen my wrist from, what felt like hemp rope.

Using my fingers I felt around for a weak point, something, anything that might free me.

I felt the knot. I had a sudden surge of hope as I used my fingers to feel for the loop of the knot, it was a thick rope that almost felt loose, I could feel a hole right in the, what felt like, middle of the knot that I began tugging at. I was going to get free! I found a way out. As I twisted, tugged and wiggled at the loose loop I was thinking about how I would actually get out of here if I did finally get loose. It's been proven multiple times I can not over power Mike.

The rope pulled. That's it, I'm free! Just as I began pulling the rope out bit by bit I heard footsteps. My heart stopped. Fear set in. I let go of the rope in hopes who ever belonged to the scuffling of feet didn't notice and undo the work of my fingers that were now achy and sore. I could feel fresh, warm blood trickling down my arms. That concerned me as it brought attention to the rope tied around my wrist that I now, almost, had untied. As the door opened and light swept into the room I closed my eyes and prayed they left this room without noticing.

Uploaded 12/09/21