We need to talk

Days then weeks passed slowly and painfully, the world moved on as if nothing had changed. Nothing was different. The Rumours and gossip of Raychel and Clayton's death eventally subsided, moving back onto who's dating who and who kissed who behind the gym. Another private service was held at a local cemetary a few days after Raychel's for Clayton. Only family and close friends were able to go to his.

Jaz and I began to distance ourselves from the rest of the group keeping to ourselves alot more. We still hung out before, during and after school with everyone but it just wasn't the same. Although they all missed Clayton and Ray they didn't seem as devistated as Jaz and I, especially Jaz of course, they had been friends for many years. Also likely because we knew there was more to the story that was let on therefor it made it harder for us to move forward. Everything had changed. Everything was different.

Mike and Trey hadn't been at school since Jaz's funeral. 

It was now only 5 more days untill the end of year concert, of which I was asked to take Raychel's place in the play. Seeing as I had been working so closely with her, I was the only one that remotley knew her lines and songs, much to Donna's disgust, aparently she wanted that part in the fisrt place. Exams started week, I can barely concentrate in class let alone retain information to help me with those. 

On top of these 'oh so fabulous' life happenings, I heard last Friday, from the boys talking at lunch, that Trey and Mike were coming back to school on Monday. Yay. I can hardly contain my excitement. I internally groan and wonder if anyone would notice if I just disappeared to Madagascar or Hawaii?

I ignored numerous phone calls and texts from Mike for weeks. In the end I turned my phone off. Jaz has practically moved in lately. She has her own room across from the games room. Her dad died when she was a baby in a car accient, another reason why Ray's death hit her so hard. They grew up together like sisters. Ray was the only real female influence she had in her life. So to lose her the same way she lost the father she never had a chance to know... Well you could only imagine the pain she's feeling. Her mum, well, she turned to gambling and the bottle. Apparently if she's not out gambling, she sits in front of the telly smoking and drinking what little money there is left from her fathers life insurance.

Almost every night she says with a small nervous smile, "I guess I should head home" the spark and humour gone from her now. But everytime I give her the same answer "you are home for as long as you want it to be" then i usualy finish up with a "now paint my nails" or "make me a sandwich" if it makes her smile for even a split second I'm proud of myself for putting it there. I feel like I could be slowly putting small peices of her broken heart back together. When I see that big genuine smile that reaches her eyes making them sparkle, I know that fire hasn't completely died out.

Me, I was scared. Laying in the dark curled up in a ball under my Breaking Dawn quilt, I couldn't help but dread tomorrow. Mike was returning to school knowing I know something. I didnt know what I knew exactly I just knew he had something to do with my friend's death, but for people like him, knowing that much would be enough for them to want to find ways to keep me quiet.

 The way he looked at me leaning against that tree, when I had been getting into the limo at the school, had been burnt into my mind. I was suprised he hadn't came to the house after me not answering his phone calls then turning off my phone the night the girls came over then again for the last couple of weeks. God knows he threatened it enough. Didn't take him for an all bark and no bite kind of guy... I am extremely grateful though!

I couldn't quite wrap my head around everything that happened over the passed few weeks. It all happened so fast. What I did know was Mike and Trey were in some sort of gang that are involved in illeagal dealing or something of the sort and I've got the feeling Ray found out about it. As for Clayton maybe he tried to help her or he found out about it too. I really don't know. I couldn't stop trying to make sense of it all it just ended up giving me a headache.