{7}You Wait for Rain

it's like we've been drifting along

pretending like nothing's wrong

we play the game, keep up the charade

but when the river runs dry we're on different sides

how'd we ever get so far from where we started from?

the hardest thing about this is i still care

you know there's something better for both of us out there

-You wait for rain (Kyler England)

✽✾✾✽

Someone sat beside me, and as I turned around, I flinched away from her. Lee was innocently stting beside me, with a jean jacket that was way too big on her and a black shirt underneath as well as matching leggins. She looked into the fire intensely as as she gave off a small smirk,"I'm not here to hurt you,"

"Good, I got scared there," I lightly joked as she switched her gaze from the crackling light onto her shoes, her smile deepened.

However, she regained herself and kept her gaze low,"I'm sorry about that night. You know, it's just- Jerse and Ash are like my older siblings that are awkwardly dating. I would do anything for them to be safe,"

"I'm sure they are, Lee," I reassured her and hit her forearm with the back of my hand that emerged from the blanket,"You're okay,"

"Really?" She looked at me straight in the eye for the first time in a while. I nodded and smiled,"Yeah, you just owe me like ten dollars on band-aids, though."

Lee laughed and looked at me in a caring manner,"You are such a good friend,"

"I know." I winked at her and nudged upwards towards Luke, who was already sitting down next to her with three s'mores in each hand.

I returned to my spotand as I was doing so, I was caught looking at Michael, who was already admiringly staring down at me,"What?"

The way the fire moved made his skin look tanner and for a second, just one, he became everything I'd ever wanted. "You look pretty, tonight,"

"Aw, th-" Of course, knowing Michael, all he did was smudge a marshmallow on my nose. When I attempted to take it off, he was kick on his feet and kissed my nose before my hands could get there. He grinned and kissed my temple, pulling me close,"You're the best girlfriend ever."

I looked up at him, never separating our bodies and their proximity,"Yeah, I am."

"No modesty, huh?" He teased chuckling as his chest vibrated through my ears. I shook my head lightly, careful not to move from our comfortable spot,"Let's be honest, you'd be doomed without me,"

"I would be, wouldn't I?" His tone changed, it was more sincere, more pure, almost as if was reminiscing all of the time we had spent together and how I impacted his whole life.

Michael began to get up, moving me from my comfortable position. He looked down at me a grinned,"I'm going to get you a s'more,"

"I've never had one," I smiled right back up at him.

His expression changed as he became more serious,"You haven't lived."

He scurried away, moving gracefully through the crowd and onto the other bonfire that was set up at a reasonable distance away. I was still sat on a log, with a warm blanket over my shoulders- holding onto it for dear life with my hand- as Lee and Luke basically had a mini-food fight beside me.

Those two are so dysfunctional, Lee is all 'Hey, let's go steal a tractor' and Luke is more 'Math is cool 'cause my mommy said so'. They were so different, yet so alike. So, I was basically gawking at them, as they laughed and smiled down at each other with such appreciation, a type that I'd never seen before.