{6} Where You Are

You say, trust in me

I trusted you and so I found

The truth that set me free...

And I'm dazzled by all that I see

By everything surrounding me

So come back, take me to where you are

-Where You Are (Danna Richards)

✽✾✾✽ 

"And right up there," I pointed with my extended finger to the group of stars that formed a beautiful picture,"is Gemini."

We were at a camping site with a lot of people that surrounded us as they chattered on about the recent gossip that had arisen. Of course, I tend to stay away from these topics but I couldn't help overhear the loud whispering coming from behind us. "I heard that they are sleeping together, while she's still with Mikey. And he, is doing the deed with Haley."

"No way," another voice spoke,"Michael and Jane love each other too much. "

"They're right there, look at them." The girl whisper-screamed.

I shook my head and joined the dots on the night sky,"Ursa Major, Ursa Minor."

My voice sounded harsher than usual and it wasn't exactly how I meant it to come out. Harry moved around to look at me, his hands rested clasped together on his stomach,"Don't listen to them."

"Who says I am?" I spoke once again, a little too harshly. Harry sighed and returned to looking back at the clear night sky. The girls that were behind us shuffled out of sight and it was all back to peace and quiet. I sighed,"Do you even know about constellations?"

"I mean, I took like one astrology class, that's good enough," He joked and chuckled. I joined faintly along, not really feeling up to the whole comedy night.

Crickets were chirping around us as the fire crackled and gave off light. Tents were literally set up everywhere and even though we all had our own place to sleep, Harry and I were laying on a picnic blanket looking at the stars and attempting to make senseless jokes to ease the tension.

I let out a small breath and spoke quietly, almost to the point that it wasn't audible,"You asked where my dad was earlier,"

Harry's head snapped back to look at me as he gawked at me,"You don't have to tell me anything."

Gathering up all of the possible courage I could, I spoke softly, almost afraid to say anything as I shut my eyes,"My dad walked out on us when I was six, he sent checks for the next five years after that, but then he just stopped. In the check years, my mom was an alcoholic."

It was noticeable that Harry had already gotten his answer, but my mind kept telling me to go on," She became sober and I had to live with my grandma until high school, then I would come back. Once in a while we get a notice from the police department telling us Dad's either in or out of jail."

"Wow," He was breathless, almost as if it was him that just gave the speech. "I-I'm- When was the last notice?"

"About a year ago, DUI charges, he should be out soon." I shrugged, deep down, I know I hated to talk about my dad. He was supposed to be a successful lawyer like my mother. But then, his brain went to waste, like Mother said.

My head turned to look at Harry, who was staring up,"What about you? Do you have daddy issues?"

"I thought we settled that I do," Harry smirked and turned his head to lock eyes with me,"My dad-uh, committed when I was nine. My mom was devastated but two years later found a man and they had my half brother, the one on the picture,"