{19} 18

"We took a chance
God knows we tried
Yet all along, I knew we'd be fine."

-18 (One Direction)

--/--

Harry called everyone he knew. And not all of them came, but the most important people did. Furthermore, I was exceedingly glad that Harry knew Niall, because even though we hugged for a long time, and he brought me my jacket, he just laughed at how stupid we were to leave the car unattended. I have a feeling that's exactly what I needed.

By what I had been told, Harry was outraged. Not because of the car, due to the fact that he could just buy or steal the same car in a heartbeat. But the fact that Dylan had almost killed me. I reminded him that I was alive, and he acknowledged that, but that didn't mean that he wasn't ticked off.

I had been wondering what was going on with the whole dilemma. Why would Dylan want to kill me, if she has been looking for me? And if she knows where I an, what is she waiting for? Why hasn't she contacted me yet?

There were about 3 dozen people there with us. A few random people from the sectors of the gang, and some pretty important people as well. Like the leaders. Like Michael (sort of).

As soon as he saw me, he was even angrier than Harry ever could be. He ranted about how Dylan had no utter right to do this to me. And he was right, as much as I hate to admit it.

Harry stood up on the roof of one of the cars, getting everyone's attention. Including mine. So, I went up to the front, where he could see me, but stayed on the side, where I wouldn't disturb him.

He spoke loudly, his voice booming into everyone's ears, "This was an ambush. One that almost killed my girlfriend, and you all know how much she means to me. And I'm not going to tolerate that. So from now on, anyone who works for Dylan Knight, will be interrogated and killed. Do we understand?"

Harry was blowing this out of proportion. I understood the interrogation, but not the assassination. Something vibrated in my pocket, then I began to realize that it was my cell phone, that had somehow managed to beat the heat.

It was an unknown number calling, and I was hesitant to pick it up, but yet I did. "Hello?"

The crowd was quiet, and when I spoke, they all turned to me. However, that was not what alarmed me. It was the blunt female voice and the dial tone that followed after she uttered words, "Call off the plan. Now. "

I must have stood on my spot for a few seconds until I got up on the hood of the car Harry was on. He looked down on me, a confused look on his face. But I couldn't bear to keep on looking at him, so I looked at the crowd instead.

"We will not be killing anyone. I understand light interrogation. But we will not have Knight blood on our hands. If I hear anyone is being tortured or killed, I will personally make sure you have the same done to you. Is that clear?"

There was a light mutter in the crowd, so I rolled my eyes and yelled a bit louder, "Is that clear?"

That's when I heard the resounding 'yes' I wanted to hear.

As people talked amongst themselves, I got down from the car, but so did Harry. And I trued to walk away from him, but soon enough his hand was on my wrist.

He scoffed, "What the hell?"

"I refuse to let you kill anyone," I covered up. I didn't want him to know that Dylan had possibly called me. It was the last thing I needed.

"Doesn't mean you make me seem like a terrible leader," Harry explained, getting flustered with me.

I took my wrist away from his grip, "I did what I had to do. And you better not kill one Knight, because you and I know what's worse that killing you."

"I'm afraid I don't know what's worse than my own death?" He scoffed, trying to win the argument. But that was not going to happen under my supervision.

"Killing me."

--/--

At home, all hell broke loose. Harry and I managed to keep it together throughout the ride back home, but as soon as that door slammed, Harry yelled as loud as he could.

Everyone had gone to get food, leaving us two alone at the house. I feel like everyone wanted us to be alone for a while, after all, the tension between us was mind-bobbling in the car.

Harry shouted, "You had no fucking right to call off an order that I made, Jane. Do you understand? I run things here, I am the one risking my ass every time I go outside. I should be allowed the privilege of leading my own fucking gang."

I retaliated in a heartbeat, my voice getting as loud as his, "I'm risking my ass too. I'm the one that has been running this shit ever since you left. Last time everyone checked, you were dead, Harry. Dead. "

"But you knew better," he made me feel small with his booming voice, but I was ready to talk back, "you knew better than to make decisions without me. What exactly did you do while I was gone, huh, did you decide where to eat for a whole week?"

"No, asshole, I cut off at least fifty people," I stomped my foot on the ground and stood up for myself.

His eyes widened and his heart seemed to stop, "You did what?"

"I cut off fifty people that had been messing with us," I spoke softer, since he had lowered his voice too. "I knew what I-"

I was cut off by an impact that I never expected coming from Harry.

He legit slapped me across the face.

And I stood dumbfounded as he didn't even seem sorry to have done it, walking out of the house without looking back.

The worst part: I knew this was coming.

--/--

again sorry for updating backwards

i still love u doe

and did u see what an asshole harry is

humph

aight ily tysm