{22} Nina

"I put my job over everything except my family and friends
But you'll be in between forever so I guess we'll have to take a step back
Overlook the situation 'cause mixing business and feelings will only lead to complications
And I'm not saying we should be taking a break
Just re-evaluate quick before we make a mistake and it's too late
So we can either deal with the pain or wait to get on a plane
But in a day we'll have to say it again"

- Nina (Ed Sheeran)

--/--

Harry and I went to bed ridiculously late. But even after this long-ass day, I could only sleep for a few minutes. We couldn't come up with a plan to successfully infiltrate Knight's quarters without getting ourselves killed in the process. So, we decided to all sleep on it.

Due to my insomniac state, I got up, leaving my spot in Harry's bed. Harry moved around, but only rolled over to the other side and kept on sleeping.

I quickly slipped on a blue sports jacket over my white tee and I went downstairs. Perrie was on the couch, watching an old film. Once she saw me, she tilted her head and asked, "Where are you going?"

"Uh- I feel like drinking milk, so I'm getting it," I stammered out, feeling nervous about this.

"Well, okay. But be careful. Don't make deals with the devil," Perrie spoke humorously, making me crack a smile.

"Alright."

I did bring a small knife with me, just for safety reasons. Personally, I opted out of taking my car, just out of fear that there would be a bomb there.

I walked and walked. Nowhere in particular, really. Not to the market nor to the park, as most would suggest. I just walked around, not getting too far away from the house.

I began to think about Jersey and Ash. How they would be in a better place. Somewhere with Aaron. Well, hopefully far away from him, but you get the gist.

There were footsteps and a heartbeat, but I convinced myself it was just me.

I thought about Harry and him slapping me and all the things he had said. But I recalled how much he loved me. And how much I loved him. He would give his life for me. And I probably would do so too.

And then the footsteps were there again.

Only problem was: I wasn't walking anymore.

Quickly and smoothly, I swished around, only to be met with a tall figure. She must have been around my size, only she wore thick tall heels, making her only an inch taller than me.

This woman was drop dead gorgeous. She wore a tight black suit, her long, bleach blonde hair contrasting roughly against the dark surface. Red lipstick was prominent on her face and she was exceedingly pale.

My hand hovered over the knife in my pocket. "Who are you?"

"My name is not important. All that matters is that your name is Jane Rose," the girl said confidently spoke, only making me more uncomfortable.

"Who are you and why do you know my name?" I simply stated, my heart beating faster as I became more and more nervous.

"I'm Dylan Knight, and I know who you are because I haven't been living under a rock," she spoke, coming closer to me. Her piercing blue eyes were almost hypnotizing. But she couldn't phase me. She killed two of my best friends.

"What do you want?" I hissed, coming towards her, knife in hand and hand in pocket.

Dylan clicked her heels so that we were merely a few inches apart. "I want to save Michael Clifford. And I want to work with you."