Chapter Six

"Wow..this is the first time I've seen you smile in a long time, this early in the morning!" Stella laughed as she sat at our kitchen table with a cup of coffee in hand.. She had a sly smile on her face as her fingers drummed the side of the mug.

Zea sat back in her flimsy chair and smiled at her friend. She, Kiki and Stella had been sharing the same apartment since they had graduated highschool and started classes in college. Kiki and Zea were at UCLA and Stella had a full scholarship to an interior design school in San Diego.

Zea didn't want to admit that her friend was right, but she had no witty comeback to fight off the inevitable. She liked Foster, but, he still needed to meet "The List's" requirements. Still she tried to play it off coyly.

"Really Stell? I hadn't noticed..." she sipped her coffee. "Maybe I just got enough rest last night." she said casually as she stared at Stella from over the rim of her coffee mug. A smile was teasing at both sides of her mouth. She was trying to remain un animated.

Stella leaned in. "Ya...good try...I don't buy it!" she gently slammed her coffee mug on the table. Zea shot forward a little startled. "I know you to well dear friend and you have a crush on Foster!!' she squealed.

Zea rolled her eyes and and pssshhed her friend. Still she couldn't help but glance at her phone, hoping that he would call.

"I know not what you speak of.." Zea teased in her most regal voice she could muster at eight o'clock in the morning. She stood up. "I need to get ready for class...you should too.." she stretched and yawned loudly and set her mug down and waltzed back into her room

"Know not my ASS!" Stella shouted at her friend and stomped into her room.

Zea smiled as she closed her bedroom door behind her. She needed to find some time to write down her list and make note of the things Maxey did that were on it. As idotic as her friends thought it was, she was going to hold true to her word and as cute and adorable as Maxey was, if he even missed on trait on her list, he was out, she was sure of it!

She didn't even know why she was even considering looking back at the list, she remembered very vividly the things Maxey did and said that were definite no-nos. Why was she giving him another chance?

She had devised a plan in her head as prepared for the day. If and only if Maxey called her, she would start suggesting different 'dates' they could go on and from their she would be able to see Maxey's actions to different situations and then check or not check them off of her list.

Not feeling guilty at all about her plan of action, she took one last look in the mirror and  walked out of the apartment. Stella had left about ten minutes earlier. She gave one more glance over at the apartment and suddenly felt a bit of sadness, she had just realized, Kiki would no longer be coming in through this very same door.

No more bursts about all of the different guys hitting on her, or how much she hated her professors. She felt a knot in her throat and before she completely broke down she closed the door and walked down to her car.

The day became an endless, slowly moving clock kind of day. With every hour that past in class only made Zea more fidgety, she just wanted to get to her list and forget about classes. She was beginning to realize how obssessed she was becoming with this list!

She caught herself in class staring off into space daydreaming about Maxey's wonderful blue eyes and his big smile and OH those Lips! The professors voice sounded like the teacher on the cartoon PEANUTS. (Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah). This is when she also realized she had inadvertently scribble her "list" on the notepad in front of her and she had commented on some of them already.

Rule  #1. He has to make me laugh.- Laughing all night

 Rule #2. He has to hold the doors open for me anywhere we go. - Haven't gone anywhere with him yet.

Rule#3. He has to be kind and caring with his family and friends.

Rule#4. He has to help a stranger in need. - He helped out and stood up in Tony's wedding. But doesn't he know Tony? I don't think they are strangers.

Rule#5. He has to be willing to go and do the things I want to do.

Rule #6. He has to be brave and unselfish not arrogant!- Came off as arrogant, but was that just a mask?

Rule #7. He cannot make a joke at my expense so others can laugh at me.- Arthur (Sir Onion Buger)  :)

Rule #8. He has to be easy on the eyes. - Totally Gorgy!!

Rule#9. He must be smart and ambitious. - Graduated, has a career

Rule #10. He must ALWAYS, love me unconditionally. - Am I getting ahead of myself?

  Zea stared at her notes.and finally decided classes were going to be a no go today. She only had two more classes and she could bum some notes off of one of her classmates later. She really needed to get this whole Maxey thing under control!  Besides, he hadn't even called her yet. It' s onlly been one day! Calm down woman! she thought to herself.

Even after looking at her list, Maxey still only had three positives. Rules #1, 8,9. The rest were still up in the air. Her notes seemed very iffy and she was only making herself want to drop him all together, but yet she wanted to see him again!

After her class was over, she quickly gathered her things and headed for the one place that could help her concentrate without interruption. Zumba.

A/N: I know a shorter chapter than normal, but I can see girls going through this mental war trying to figure out if the guy they like is really the one!

Is Maxey aka Foster going to call her? Will Zea break down and call him?  Hopefully I can see at least 50 reads and 20 votes, so I can add the next chapter. (fingers crossed)

Hope you liked this chapter. Please vote and comment. Zea and Maxey need  your support! Thanks!