Chapter Fourteen

Zea continued to fume the rest of the morning and afternoon grumbling under her breath about Stella not being the friend she should be. She couldn’t believe that Stella was going to keep the hot gossip Alex gave her a secret.

“Some friend she is!” Zea grumbled in the kitchen as she grabbed and apple and tossed it into her lunch bag; making sure that it didn’t have any soft spots to bite into.

Stella had left earlier with Alex leaving Zea to glare at the walls and appliances in loneliness. Everything was changing with her and her friends and there wasn’t anything she could do about it. That probably is what was frustrating her the most. This was the first time in their whole friendships that her friends were picking their men over her!

Zea considered maybe she was being possessive of her friends, but then she thought that they were the ones to blame. Her friends had changed their attitudes about things. They were letting these guys tell them what to do.

She huffed again as she flung her sandwich and crystal light into her lunch bag on top of the apple. Her cell phone rang and took her off guard. She jumped, then immediately smiled as Maxey’s picture danced across the screen.

“Hello?” she tried to sound as if she had no idea it was Maxey.

“Well hello there beautiful!” he said happily on the other side.

“Two calls in one day? That’s definitely stalkerness!” she teased.

“I don’t even think that’s a word.” He teased back.

“In my world it is!” she didn’t skip a beat. Maxey laughed on the other side.

“So, what’s up?” she asked curiously.

“Just wanted to talk to you before you go to work and I got a little break from what I am doing.” He explained.

“Well I’m definitely flattered.” She smiled into the phone.

“That’s what I’m aiming for…flattery…” he said sexily. Zea laughed nervously. “Besides…” he continued. “I wanted to button down a time for lunch, before you had a chance to back out on me.”

“Is that a bit of insecurity I’m hearing?” Zea teased.

“Me? Insecure? Have you seen me Zea?” he teased right back.

“I’ve seen your dance moves…” she shot right back. “Don’t worry Maxey, I’ll keep my word…” she teased again. Maxey laughed on the other end.

“Never doubted it!” he said with more assurance. “Guess I shouldn’t double guess someone I just met.” He teased again.

“And kissed…” Zea flirted back.

“This is true…” he joked back. Zea giggled.