Chapter Five

Zea gave Kiki one final strong hug. She didn't want to let go of her friend. She was no longer part of their single lady pact and Stella wasn't too far behind.

She finally let go after Kiki accused her of squeezing to hard and with a sad smile she stepped away from her friend and watch as Tony whisked her away into the limo.

Everyone was cheering and Kiki stuck her head out of the window one last time to wave to her two best friends.  Her blonde hair  floated in the air as the limo pulled away.Tears came to Zea's eyes, and she quickly brushed them away, hoping no one had seen. Stella put her arm around her friend as they smiled sadly at eachother and walked back into the dance hall.

"And then there were two..." Zea whispered and leaned her head on Stella's shoulder.

"It's great Z, you'll see, Kiki is really happy!" she said comfortingly. Zea nodded, but was still sad.

Suddenly Arthur appeared in front of her again. Zea groaned. Stella giggled. He not only wreaked of onions and burger, but now beer was another tantalizing aroma to his presence. Zea has to keep from losing her wedding dinner. Stella pinched her nose.

"Hey there pretty lady.." he smiled and slurred just a little.

"Hi Arthur." Zea looked to Stella for a way out. Stella just shrugged her shoulders and slowly moved away towards Alex. "Stella..where are you .." before she could finish Arthur butted in again.

"So, me and the guys are going to a coffe shop, wanna come, or maybe I could get your number and we can go out some time.." he looked at her hopefully. Zea felt horrible, she didn't know if she could let this guy down easily. Luck was in her favor though, just then a familiar voice jumped in from behind her.

"There you are you little punkin!" Foster pinched her cheek lighly and grinned as he put an arm around her should. Zea stood there mortified. "Sorry bro, this girl is already spoken for..." Foster explained nicely as his eyes sparkled down at Zea. "Right punkin?" he said more lovingly.

Zea was completely confused. "I am?" she asked still bewildered. Foster gave her that straight on look and nodded towards Arthur. "Oh..ya.." she turned to Arthur. "I am..that' right my little Snuggle Bunny.." she pinched Fosters nose as little too hard. He grimaced.

Arthur stood there mouth agape.

"Oh! Sorry..wow..this was awkward...for some reason, I thought you were sigle Zea...I mean, I haven't seen you with a guy this whole time during wedding rehearsals.." he explained. Foster laughed under his breath. Zea elbowed him.

"Oh, well that's because, Maxey here  has been away on business.." she explained patting his cheek with a hard slap. Foster smiled through tight lips.

"That's right PUNKIN..." he squeezed her tighter around the shoulders and made a growling sound towards her. Oddly enough she was very turned on by him, but gave him another elbow.

"Wow...okay..well you two kids enjoy your love fest, I'm out..." with that Arthur turned on his heels and joined his group of fellow misfits. Zea watched cautiously until Arthur was out of sight and quickly pushed away from Foster.

"Really Maxey? PUNKIN?" she said incredulously. A big smile broke across his face. He was sure Zea was going to really slap him a new face. He played along.

"Uh..I'm not anyone's Snuggle Bunny either!" he argued, now more seriously. Zea broke into a smile. She liked the way his arm felt on her shoulder. He couldn't hold his serious face. "I just thought you might say thank you...for saving you from Sir Onion Burger and the Nerd Herd.." he laughed.

Zea became serious. "They aren't nerds.." she said sternly. Foster stopped laughing immediately. "A bit geeky..but not Nerds..that would imply genius." she smiled again. A look of relief swept over his face.