Chapter Two

Arriving at the church only made Zea more nervous. This was the final walk her friend was going to take as a single lady. She could feel her sweaty palms. She wiped them on the tan,leather seat of the limo before exiting.

The site before her was a sea of hot pink and sea foam green. Sometimes she didn’t understand Kiki’s taste for things, but she supported her. The flower girl was twirling in circles while the ring bearer was trying to push her down. He did look cute in his little green tuxedo and hot pink bow.

All of the brides maids had on short sea foam dresses with spaghetti straps and a hot pink shawl and ribbon around their waist. She and Stella, as the maids of honor, had on long sea foam dresses, no straps and that hot pink shawl drapped around their shoulders. The dresses were wrapped around them so tight she thought she was going to pass out!

Stella squeezed her hand. “Isn’t this exciting?” Stella was so simple in thinking, her thoughts never went past what was going on now. That’s why she loved her friend dearly. She always saw everything for the beauty in it. Stella’s light brown hair was in an up-do with tendrils of hair framing her face. Her pale skin complimented the dress and her drop dead gorgeous body filled it in very well.

“Ya Stell, just great!” Zea tried to sound as enthusiastic as she could. Her long brown hair was pulled back tight in a pony tail and little flowers cascaded through the back of her hair. She had to wear five inch heels to even come close to Stella’s height, her dress took several fittings to accommodate her  petite frame. She felt awkward in the dress, but most of that was probably because she felt awkward about the whole situation.

“Ooooo! There he is!” Stella squealed, looking over at the huddle of green tuxedos. She was referring to the new guy she had been dating. Alexander Covington the III. What a name!  Zea groaned again. Here was her other dilemma, Stella was being dragged into the charm of this high society player! Again, another guy from money, took care of himself, but was a trust fund baby. He hadn’t had to work a day in his life and expected everyone to do everything for him. Stella was such a people pleaser she was ready to do whatever he wanted. Zea was sure this was why he even had Stella around, so she could cater to his every whim. “Oh, stop that Z, Alex is a great guy!” she argued.

Just then he turned around and waved at Stella, she enthusiastically waved back. He motioned for her to come over to the group. Stella grabbed Zea’s hand and pulled her along.

“C’mon..Alex wants to talk to me..” she pulled her unwillingly.

“Everything is starting soon…I don’t think this is a good idea!” Zea argued.

“Pish posh…c’mon!” Stella insisted.

Begrudgingly Zea followed. As they approached the group she noticed a very good looking dark haired man standing off a ways from the crowd of tuxedos. It almost looked as if he had a scowl on his face. Zea wondered if that’s how her scowl looked as well. His big blue eyes seemed a blaze. His dark hair was styled back and she could tell he had a nice build underneath that suit, not to mention when he turned, his butt was in nice form. Zea found a reason to smile.

All the while Stella was busy gushing over Alexander and he was basking in it. Zea snapped back in to reality and pulled at her friend.

“C’mon Stell, we need to line up…” she tugged again at her friend. Alex seemed to frown at her interruption. Stella looked up at him and then back at Zea.

“Okay, Z..” she gazed back up at Alex. “I’ll see you later..” she cooed. Alex’s smile returned. He kissed her lightly on the lips and Zea managed to pull her away.

The wedding was beautiful, the vows made everyone cry and  once the minister announced Kiki and Tony as man and wife, the whole wedding party erupted. Zea followed the line of sea foam dresses as she hooked her arms into the not so scowling mysterious guy. He glanced her way and she noticed a hint of interest there, but he quickly turned those blue eyes somber. For a minute there she thought maybe she was the reason he was scowling. It was then that she realized, he wasn’t supposed to be her partner in the procession. Her partner wasn’t anywhere to be seen.