Chapter 4

Halloween is around the corner, I sighed as appeared at 12 o clock at night, I was in my Angel room. She was sleeping, looking at the clock noticing it was midnight. I smiled, the demon I had assigned to her watched in me in shocked. I rolled my eyes at the thing, "What does she call you?"

It looked at me in shock, "Eggy..."

I burst out laughing, "What! Hahaha! Eggy!" It just bowed its head, respecting me, but I am still laughing. "I think your name shall be Edge..." I looked up at him in shock. It crawled down from the corner kneeling in front of me.

"Thank you, Lord," I patted him on the head awkwardly.

I hummed as I looked over to my little Angel, "How is she. I haven't checked up on her recently." I told Edgy, it just crawled back to its corner.

"She's been a little sad, her parents are still the same. She's 8 now. School is still hard." Edge told me, I see the name fitting.

I looked at the little Angel, with a sigh I shook my head. "Alright, thank you." I nod over to it. Its tail flicked, I snapped my fingers having me outside of the house, I looked behind me as I walked away through the night. I walked till I felt was getting tired but as the Devil I don't it just feels like it. I was back to Faith house just in time for the sun rising. I got up onto the roof with my wings, I let them disappeared as I sat back looking at the sunrise. I watched as I reached out towards it, wanting to grab it.

I could of see this every day but I can't, I am locked in a place of literal hell. I looked down to see Edge hiding under the roof of the patio. She turned around and frowned, "Don't be sad Eggy, I'll be back. I also need to come up with a better name."

Edge just shook its head, having its tail curled up to him like a cat. Angel smiled, she waved by to Edge who just watched her leave like an obedient dog. I jumped down in front of it, smirking. It bowed its head. "I am surprised that she isn't scared of you." I pointed out. "You like the name Eggy?" I smirked trying hard to hold in my laugh, it looked around and kinda shrug.

"I don't mind it, my Lord, I've been told to not upset her." Edge commented.

I crossed my arms and smiled, "Good." I looked down at it with a sigh, I leaned back to see it shift its weight. "Protect the little Angel of mine."

Edge nod its head rapidly, I sighed as I brushed my hair back. "My Lord." Edge spoke, I looked down at him with an amuse looked, "May I have permission to stay?"

I thought for awhile, "You may, I am trusting you with her." I glared at Edge.

I shrunk back, "Yes my Lord." I walked away feeling tired, walked over to her school to see it has already begun. I frowned, so I waited. I don't mind.

The hours passed and I was amused by the people who walked past, not giving a notice of me. I only show myself during the event. I looked at me, I promised her I would be something. I snapped my fingers as I had wings and a fake "horns" and wore red. Not my color since I see it almost every day and orange I hate that color. I looked down at myself and cringe. Why do the people think I like red? I like the darker colors instead. My wings fluttered, the once pure majestic wings now are jagged and black. I looked at them touching them, rough like old feathers.

I heard the bell ringing to see the kids dressed in their costume. I looked down to observe them, I was waiting for my Angel, my Faith. I saw her as she was in her school uniform once more. I watched her as she seems to shrink by all the people around her. I approached her as I tapped her shoulder. She looked up at me with the weakest smile. I frowned, I bend down to her level. "Is something wrong Angel?"