Chapter 35. Cold Case

Instead of sleeping like I should have been, I was sitting on my bed with my laptop doing some research on a few things that have been residing in my mind since yesterday's events transpired. I was googling Frontotemperal Dementia and how detrimental it is to teenage boys. I was googling Japanese legends about Oni and Kitsune's. I was looking up pretty much anything and everything in order to get some answers.

My phone started buzzing on my nightstand, my eyes traveled from my laptop over to the screen of my phone, Stiles picture and name were flashing on the screen. Why is he calling me so late?

I snatched my iPhone up and tapped the green phone on my screen and pressed it to my ear, "Hey, babe, what's up?"

The only sound on the other end was Stiles' nervous and heavy breathing. There was also a faint buzzing that sounded like electric currents passing through the air around him.

"Stiles? You there?" I asked quietly, my voice wavering.

There was a brief pause before he whispered, "Kasey?"

I sat up fully and pushed my laptop aside, "Yeah, I'm here. What's wrong? Where are you, the connection's weird."

"Kasey, I don't... I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here. I think I was sleepwalking." he panicked, his voice was low and I was having a hard time hearing him.

I took a deep breath and stood from my bed, walking to my closet so I could change into some clothes. If I have to go and pick him up, I can't very well do that in the set of shorts and baggy shirt I'm wearing.

"Okay, it's fine. I'm gonna find you, I've done this plenty of times... can you see anything? Try to tell me what you can see so I can come and get you, I'm getting dressed right now." I assured him.

Flashbacks of when I was the one in this position, calling Scott, were hitting me like a ton of bricks in my chest. Scott handled it extremely well because he stayed calm, so therefore I need to remain calm.

"Ah, it's dark. It's hard to see. I think there's something wrong with my-" the call disconnected and I was left with my home screen staring back at me.

The panic was starting to settle in now. I took a deep breath as I redialed his number, his voicemail picked up, "Hey...this is Stiles and you missed me, leave a message-" I ended the call and tried again.

I need to keep myself under control and not let this set me off. I made a promise to myself after my breakdown in the records room that I was not going to let the situation beat me down into nothing but a ball of blood and tears. I need to get a grip and stay focussed on the finish line.

Just as I ended his voicemail, a call came through from his phone. My finger hit the screen with force, causing a thud to echo around my otherwise silent room. "Stiles?" I asked quickly.

"Kasey, I don't think I can get out of here. I can't move." he said quickly. He was panicking, I know from personal experience how his tone of voice changes when he is worried.

I snatched a jacket out of my closet and slipped it on, "Where are you? Come on baby, try to find something to help me find you."

"I don't know. I don't know, it's too dark. I can't see much and something's wrong with my leg. It's stuck on something. And it's... I think it's bleeding." he rambled, I was glad that he was actually giving me some helpful information this time.

What could his leg possibly be trapped on? Maybe... if he's in the woods, it could be one of the Tate's traps? Is that even possible?

"How bad is it bleeding, Stiles?" I asked softly, knowing how much he hates blood.