Chapter 30. Falling into Place

I think I've decided that my favorite place in the world is Stiles' bedroom. I love his room because it's just... it's so... Stiles. I mean love him, so it makes sense as to why I would love his room that personifies him. These walls have heard all of our most intimate conversations. This bed has been my safety net when I needed somewhere to go. The room itself is my personal hideout from all of my problems at home.

After the fire alarm fiasco at school I decided to spend the evening with Stiles. I would have had a nice and calm night-in at my house with Scott, but Kira's dad invited him over for dinner because he was grateful that Scott saved his daughter from a coyote. I'm pretty sure I also helped save Kira, but I didn't get invited to the dinner. 

It didn't bother me all that much though, I would much rather spend the night with Stiles. He was currently  going to work on his wall where he had created his own sort of police board. When we got here he immediately printed off a photo of Barrow and then tossed four different colored yarns beside me on the bed, I was curious as to what they all meant. "What do the different colored strings mean?" I asked as I perched my chin in my hands, watching him with a smile as he attached a piece of read string to a recently printed picture of Barrow.

He spun around to face me with wide eyes, "Oh, just different stages of the investigation. So like, green is solved, yellow is to be determined, and blue's just pretty." 

"And what does the red one mean?"

"Unsolved." He responded as he looked at his wall, his eyes darting from each piece of information that he either taped or stuck in with a pushpin. 

I blinked, "Uh... babe, you only have red on the board."

"Yes, I'm aware. Thank you, babe." He responded sarcastically. 

I rolled my eyes and picked up a piece of the red yarn that strayed from the rest, "So... you didn't tell me how it went with Finstock about the whole alarm thing. Did you get in trouble for pulling it?"

"Yep. I got detention every day this week, it's okay though because we were onto something." He said as he turned his head, biting on the cap of his marker.

"Even though they couldn't find any proof of Barrow being there?" I sighed in annoyance as my eyes locked on the piece of red yarn I was twirling around on my finger. I was getting anxious and my hands tend to pick up things and busy themselves when I feel this way. Maybe my ability to warn others was tainted along with my mind, I can't remember the last time I connected myself to someone. I don't know what's wrong with me. I couldn't hear the flies like Lydia, instead I heard some stupid humming sound.

Stiles quickly turned around from his police board of a wall and faced me, "Hey, Kasey you've been right every time something like this has happened before. So don't start to doubt yourself." He was now crouched down in front of me, forcing my eyes to snap up and face him. I couldn't help but let my eyes wander the expanse of his face, taking in just how handsome he was.

I blinked once before letting out another sigh, "There was no trace of him. No scent. No bomb. Stiles I got you in trouble--"

"Stop, okay?" He gently grabbed at my hands, stopping my fingers from twirling the yarn. I swallowed nervously as he began to speak again, "Barrow was there. You know it, you and Lydia both heard something, right? Look, if you wanted to I'd go back to school right now and search all night just to prove it." 

The pressure from the knotted yarn was released from my finger tip, and I glanced down to see that he had untangled it. His fingers then habitually slipped into the spaces between mine and he gave me a reassuring squeeze, "Please don't doubt yourself."