Chapter 31. Trying To Connect The Dots

If I thought that living with my dad was awful, being interrogated by him was far worse. When Stiles had been the one to ask how he was going to explain the whole Barrow/power outage situation, we had thought that we would be telling Sheriff Stilinski all of this so he could help us figure out a story to sell to the public. We had been wrong. In fact, it was Agent Rafael McCall that we had to report to about the events that transpired this evening.

"So when did you get there?" My father asked the four of us; Scott, Kira, Stiles, and myself. We were currently sat in Sheriff Stilinski's office, each of us occupying a chair, Sheriff Stilinski was seated in the chair behind the desk that my dad was leaning against. 

Stiles glanced up at my dad, "At the same time." 

"At the same time as who?" My dad inquired. 

Scott gestured to himself, "The same time as me."

"By coincidence?" 

I quirked an eyebrow, "What do you mean by coincidence?"

"That's what I'm asking you. Apparently you and Stiles arrived at the same time as Scott, was that by coincidence?" He reiterated as he glanced at my brother. 

"Are you asking me?" Scott blinked once as he kept his gaze level on our father.

Stiles shook his head from side to side, "I think he's asking me."

"I think he's asking both of you." I interjected. 

We obviously couldn't tell my dad the real reason as to why we were at the power substation. Which meant that we had to deflect answering any questions in a way that could incriminate us or give away information that could tell my dad things that we didn't necessarily want him knowing. For example, the fact that Barrow was trying to kill Kira because he believed she had glowing eyes or something. One slip-up and he could end up hearing something that would lead him to possibly finding out about the whole werewolf secret that we've been trying to keep.

"Okay, let me answer the questions." My dad cut us all off in irritation. I smirked at the fact that he totally said the opposite of what he wanted to say. Sheriff Stilinski pressed his hand over his mouth to suppress the laugh bubbling inside of him. Obviously he was enjoying seeing my dad all flustered, considering 90% of the time my dad is harassing him.

My dad sighed in annoyance, "Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town." 

I nodded, "Yeah that sounds about right."

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?" My dad demanded, obviously he was annoyed at the fact that we had been there... I can't blame him, I completely understand how frustrating it is not knowing all of the pieces to a puzzle. 

Stiles scratched at his head, "Well because he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?"

My dad rolled his eyes and pursed his lips, "That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." My boyfriend then winked and pointed at his dad behind the desk.

That was Sheriff Stilinski's breaking point and he snorted loudly, obviously his attempts at hiding his amusement were now non-existent. When my dad shot him a glare, he attempted to cover up the snort with a cough and waved at his son, "Stiles, just, uh... Just answer the man."