Chapter 22. Letting Go

i made a teaser for kasey for 3b, it's off to the side if you'd like to watch it!!! 

"That has to be where she's keeping them, it has to be." Stiles stated to Lydia as the three of us made our way down the hallway. 

I opened my mouth to agree but the voice of my father prevented me from doing so. "Stilinski!" 

Stiles groaned as he stopped walking and turned to face Lydia, "Go to Derek okay. Him and Peter have been there before. Just tell them it's the root cellar. They'll know where that is." Lydia nodded as she walked off, just as my father approached us. 

"Wow dad, two days in a row. Are you trying to break a record or something?" I retorted as I sent him a glare. 

He ignored my remark and focused on Stiles instead, "Did you know that your dad's car is in the school parking lot and has been since last night?"

Stiles sighed and shook his head from side to side, "No, I-- what does that mean?"

"It means he's officially missing. I need to speak with you." My dad stated as he sent me a look. 

My boyfriend scoffed, "You can say whatever you need to say to me say in front of your daughter. My girlfriend." 

I took entirely too much satisfaction in the look of pure bewilderment that crossed my dad's face. I don't know how he didn't pick up on it yet, both times that he has seen me Stiles and I have been holding hands.

My dad led the both of us into an empty classroom, instructing us to have a seat at one of the desks. He made himself comfortable as well, sitting on the teacher's desk. Stiles and I mimicked his position on the two tables in front of him.

"Stiles why am I getting the feeling that you know something that could help us find your dad?" My dad asked, his condescending tone was starting to really tick me off. 

I watched as Stiles glanced at him in confusion, "If I did, why would I not tell you?" I had to suppress the urge to laugh, because we are keeping things from him that could help them find his dad, but he wouldn't understand that.

"If you're helping your dad, why would you?" My dad responded cooly.

I rose an eyebrow, "So you're asking him to tell you what he would not tell you?" 

"First, I have no idea what you just said. Second, why don't you just help me help you." My dad responded.

"I don't know how to help you help me tell you something to help you if I don't know it." Stiles remarked, using his fascinating ability to twist words into a confusing conundrum. It was an art form that he has skillfully mastered.

My dad narrowed his eyes, "Are you two doing this on purpose?"

"We don't know anything, can we just go?" I asked in annoyance. This conversation was pointless, I don't know want to spend anymore time with my dad than I already have. 

My dad shifted his eyes to me, "Where are your other friends, Kasey?"

"You mean Scott?" I asked in amusement, "Your other kid who you ran out on?" 

He clenched his jaw, "I mean Scott, Isaac Lahey, Allison Argent, these twins Ethan and Aiden. I've been told your whole little clique didn't show up at school today." He responded, deflecting the jab I made at him with ease.

I smirked bitterly, "I don't have a clique. You would know that if you were still around."

"Kasey, come on. There's been a pretty disturbing amount of violence in this town, a string of murders tied to this school. I don't know what's going on here but it's serious, and you two need to take this seriously."