Chapter 17. Kasey's Adventures!

"WAKE UP!"

I jolted upright in the bed, panting as I tried to collect my bearings. My eyes darted frantically around the room, expecting to see Lydia, since it had been her voice that I heard, but she was nowhere to be found. With a sigh I fell back onto the bed beside Stiles. These stupid nightmares and hallucinations are starting to really take a toll on me. I can't get more than an hour of sleep before I'm woken up. Hell, I can barely sleep by myself at all anymore. I've been spending the night at the Stilinski household for the past few days because the thought of being without Stiles during the night is enough to give me another anxiety attack.

Stiles stirred in his sleep, I must have woken him up again. His eyes slowly peeled open as he blinked rapidly, trying to clear away his confusion. "What's wrong?" He mumbled as he grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze.

"I thought I heard something... well, someone." I muttered as I used my free hand to push my bangs out of my face. I don't remember my dream, all I know is that I heard Lydia shouting at me to wake up.

"Like... in the house? Or in your head?"

I winced at the question, and he noticed. I sound like I'm psychotic. I'm aware of, very aware actually. Lately I haven't been able to tell the different between what's real and what I am conjuring up in my head. I'm useless, constantly on edge, and highly unstable. I should just be locked away in a straight jacket.

"No.. I didn't... that came out wrong," Stiles back-tracked as he tried to take back what he said. I didn't take offence. It's the truth. I hear and see things that aren't there, that aren't real. It was an obvious question for him to ask me.

"It's fine." I assured him as I offered him my best smile that I could muster at whatever time it is. I tried to fall asleep at around eleven, but I have no idea how long I was even asleep for.

He sighed and tugged my body flush against his, "No it's not. I didn't mean to say it like that. I'm stupid, you can hit me for it. Hit me as hard as you can."

"As tempting as that offer is, I'll save it for later." I chuckled as I buried my face in his shirt. I don't know what it was about his shirts that I loved so much. Maybe it was because they always smelled like him, and whenever his cologne infiltrated my sinuses I knew he was around and instantly I felt one hundred times better. It's either that, or that they are one hundred percent cotton and are super soft.

"What did you hear?" He inquired as his lips gently touched my forehead. The action itself was enough to lull me back to sleep, but the fact that I was hallucinating hit me and I knew that I had to talk to him about it.

I groaned in frustration, "Lydia. She was shouting at me to wake up. So, obviously it was in my head."

"Do you think...well maybe it's... I don't know. Has she tried calling you?" He stammered. Reluctantly I pulled away from his embrace and snatched my phone off of his nightstand. Sure enough, I had seven missed calls from Lydia, four from Allison, and twenty-seven from Scott.

"Something's happening... we have to get up, like now." I muttered.

The drive to the high school was spent with me calling Lydia and trying to find out what the hell was going on, and Stiles occasionally popping his two sense in every once in awhile. Scott had decided to show up at Stiles' house to get us up, because apparently something had went down.

As soon as the jeep peeled into the parking lot, I was out of the door and making my way towards Lydia and Allison. They were both already here, waiting on our arrival. Scott pulled his helmet off and positioned it on his handlebars as he jogged over to where I was standing, Stiles not far behind him.