Chapter 19. Whirlwind of Events

Do you know that feeling you get when you are in the half awake and half asleep phase? Like, your laying there totally deep in REM and then you hear a door slam or a glass fall, and that small sound pulls you up enough to where you are coherent enough to realize that you are witnessing something, but you aren't one-hundred percent sure if it's all real or just a dream. That is how I have felt since the night that my halluncination's started.

To be honest with you, I don't know if I made up the entire Miss Blake kidnapping Lydia and myself thing or not. I don't know if we actually went to Deaton to retrieve some sort of powder to use against Miss Blake. I don't know if I'm actually driving to Derek's apartment with Scott and Stiles right now. I have no clue if I'm even awake at the moment. I feel like everything is hazy and hard to understand. I don't feel like myself in the slightest.

"Kasey? Hey, keep your eyes open." Scott instructed as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and tugged me against him. He was sitting in the backseat beside me, trying to keep me awake. Apparently, I could possibly have a concussion. Miss Blake not only hit me once, but when she struck Lydia-- I connected myself to her and I ended up with her head gash as well. I should be healing fast though, if Miss Blake is the Darach, she is a supernatural being and I will heal a lot faster because of that.

My eyes are open, at least they feel like they are. This is why I feel like I'm dreaming, like all of this isn't real. Maybe it's the head trauma that's messing with me. One thing I do know, is that my wrists hurt. And my neck is burning from the rubbing of the cord that Miss Blake did on Lydia. I can't remember where she went, I think Allison took her. As I said before, it's a little foggy. 

It was raining, and the sound of the drops hitting the top of Stiles' jeep were lulling me into a calm demeanor. Closing my eyes sounds like such a good idea at the moment, but I can't do that. Scott is specifically asking me to keep them open.

"Is she okay? Do I need to take her to the hospital?" Stiles asked nervously as the jeep came to a halt. I glanced through the windshield to see that we were parked outside of Derek's building. 

Without thinking I shook my head from side to side, the sudden movement making me a tad bit dizzy, "I'm okay. We need to tell him about Miss Blake." 

I tried to climb out of the jeep by myself, but Scott and Stiles both weren't having that. Scott helped me get out of the back, and the second that my body was in the front half of the jeep, Stiles wrapped his arms around me and pulled me out, grabbing my hand and lacing our fingers together instantly. I know he is worried about his dad, beyond worried even. I wish I could help him.

The ride up the lift to the apartment was silent, other than my occasional sigh or groan of pain, that is. When the doors popped open my brother nearly sprinted off in pursuit of the sour wolf himself. I smiled at the thought of the nickname that Stiles and I had given him last year. So much has happened to us since then, it's unreal. 

Minutes later, Stiles and I finally managed to walk into the apartment. Derek and Scott were already having a conversation about Miss Blake and the Darach, or well-- since she is the Darach I guess they would be considered the same person in our discussions now. I took this moment of distraction to have a conversation with Stiles that couldn't be pushed off any longer. 

"Are you okay?"

He glanced at me oddly, as if me asking him that question was the weirdest thing in the world. I had been the one that was hit, duct-taped to a chair, and nearly choked to death this evening, but yet I was the one asking him if he was okay. And that is because his dad is missing, the only family that he has left is nowhere to be found, and that is a complete and utter nightmare to even think about.