Chapter 42. Outfoxing the Fox

“This is everything non-lethal I could find.” Allison said as she led us into her dad’s office. We had left the Sheriff station and headed straight here, apparently Chris had sent her a text and informed her to dig out anything we could use on Stiles that wouldn’t kill him. 

I can’t remember the last time that I was actually in the same room as Allison, let alone the last time we had a conversation. 

“Take all of it.” Chris instructed as they both grabbed duffle bags and started shoving the items on the table into them. 

Rope, handcuffs, pepper spray, mace, stun guns, tazors, and duct tape were being thrown into the bags. When do they find the time to even go and buy this stuff? 

“What’s the plan here?” I asked nervously. I know that Allison said this stuff was non-lethal, but the Argent’s can be pretty lethal, so..

“Our best shot right now is for Derek to try and pick up Stiles’ scent at Eichan House. Especially if he went through something stressful there, which you said he did— right?” Argent derailed from his explanation to glance me.

I swallowed, “Yeah… yeah it was definitely stressful.”

“Should all five of us be going to the same place?” Sheriff Stilinski asked skeptically. 

I was going to trust the Argent’s expertise right now. They know what they’re doing, and most of the time they have a good end result in their little missions, so I’m going to listen and not argue.

“Where else has Stiles been showing up?” Chris asked, taking Stiles’ dad question into consideration.

Allison spoke up, “School, the hospital.”

“Okay, hold on.” Derek stated loudly, “We did this already. He disappeared. We started looking for him. Then walked right into a tap at the hospital.”

Argent nodded, “He’s getting us to repeat the same moves.” 

“So, what do we do? Wait for him to come to us? To come to Kasey? Because you know that he will eventually.” Allison stated. I winced at the truth behind her words. Eventually he was going to come back and find me. 

Derek shook his head from side to side, “He’s not taking Kasey. And we can’t wait for Stiles to come to us. Not if the Oni find him when the sun goes down.”

“Scott’s working on them right now with Kira and her psycho mom.” I said. Derek shot me a look, and I shot him one right back. 

Argent sighed, “That’s the problem. We’re all trying to outfox the fox.”

The room fell silent, and the tension was palpable. It was awkward and uncomfortable to say the least. I knew what was going through everyone’s minds… that this was a lot of work just to save Stiles. I wouldn’t expect them to understand why his dad and I are so adamant on helping him. 

They don’t love him the way that we love him. They don’t look at him like he’s the sun and the stars in the sky. They don’t hear him and want to have his voice be the soundtrack of their lives. They don’t understand him the way that we do. 

“Listen. I’ll understand if anyone wants to back out.” Sheriff Stilinski said quietly. He meant it, but it was obvious that he wanted and needed their help. 

Derek scoffed, “Well, I’m not going to be the first wolf to run from a fox, so.” he said before grabbing a taser and dropping it into an excess duffle bag. 

“Apparently I’m carrying the lightsaber.” Argent said, the sarcastic tone in his voice was intended. 

“Dad, you and Derek hit Eichan House. Sheriff, Kasey and I will go to the Hospital. We all meet in the school.” Allison instructed as she zipped up the bag and tossed it to Sheriff Stilinski.