Awoken

I told Luke not to mention this to anyone,"don't even tell Jai you know" I told him.

We walked in opposite directions to get home.

I was nearly home when my phone rang. "hello" I said "hello is this Lucie?" the women on the phone said "yes it is" "oh hi this is nurse Grace, I would like to inform you that Beau has woken from his unconscious state" my heart jumped he was ok "thankyou I will be there as soon as possible bye" "bye" she hung up I was over joyed. I sent a quick text to Luke as I ran the rest of the way home. -hey Luke the nurse just rang Beau has woken up. Please tell the rest of the boys. I will be at your house in 5 minutes.- send

I ran inside quickly changed and told mum and dad the news. I ran out to the car and drive to the brooks house. Gina was still at work, so she was going to meet us there. Luke and Jai jumped in the car with me. Jai was quiet and Luke shot me a look, as of to point out the tension. I didn't care I was going to be able to talk to Beau. It had felt like so long since I had last heard his voice.

We arrived at the hospital. We went to the nurses station. "hi we are here to see Beau" I said to the women behind the desk. "yes we have been waiting for you lot, right this way" I let Jai and Luke go in first I needed time to compose myself. We were only aloud a couple in the room at a time and a limited amount of time just 10 minutes each.

By the time the boys were out Gina had arrived. I let her go next. Jai and Luke said he was fine he has a little amnesia about the actual accident. It is really intriguing how people don't actually remember the accident, it must be our bodies way of protecting us from the actual trauma. James and Skip turned up, and Gina returned from the room, it was my turn. I was a little nervous.

I walked in Beau was looking at the ceiling. Tears started to roll down my face. He turned to me and smiled, that just made me cry more.

When I reached his bed I gave him the biggest hug and he sat up. We kissed, it seemed so long since we had had a moment like this. "I missed you" I said we continued to hug. I so badly wanted to hear his voice. I pulled away, he grabbed my hands, "I love you Lucie" those words sent shivers down my spine. "I love you too" I said. We kissed again. I climbed on the bed, and we snuggled for the few minutes we had left. Tears still seemed to be rolling down my face. Beau wiped them away with his fingers.

The nurse came in and told me time was up, I didn't want to leave. I kissed Beau and told him I would be back tomorrow.

I was so relived. When I walked out the door James and Skip went in. Luke stood up and gave me a hug, Jai just sat there.

We sat in the hall waiting for James and Skip. The nurse wanted to have a talk to us all. "Beau is perfectly fine test will be conducted just to make sure, the results of these will be known tomorrow morning. If they all come back clear he will be able to return home tomorrow afternoon. If not he will have to stay until the doctor is satisfied." we all nodded an thanked her.

Gina took the boys with her, and I made my own way home. Before I got in the car I got a message. - hey beautiful, I forgot to say thanks for the flower :) love you <3 xoxoxo- I smiled to myself.