Chapter 9 - I'm holding a heart, here in my hand

A sweeter side to this messy Bachelor Party. I loved writing this chapter, it made me swoon. Also. Trailer has been uploaded for Modest Absolution and Modest Paradise (Only watch Modest Paradise if you can handle the LOGAN FEELS) The Modest Absolution Trailer won't give anything away, in fact it will make you squeal and get crazy excited. PLEASE PLEASE! YOU BETTER WATCH IT! IT TOOK ME FOREVER! Thanks Ghadadou for hounding me to get off my ass, you're amazing. As promised follow link in sidebar for Modest Absolution Trailer that will leave you BREATHLESS!!

‘Holding A Heart’ - Toby Lightman

I’m holding a heart here in my hand

Louis lay on top of Harry breathing rapidly, he rested his forehead onto Harry’s with his eyes closed. The music pounded through the club, it swam around them and with Louis’ eyes closed he smiled as they breathed in unison. Harry’s pants were down, he had his long arms wrapped tightly around Louis and let out a small laugh. Louis didn’t need to open his eyes to know what Harry was feeling, the same elation washed over him. 

“You’re really here,” Louis whispered as he trailed his fingers along Harry’s sweaty temple. 

Harry kissed Louis softly, “So are you.”

Louis leant back, his nose brushed Harry’s, he searched every facet of those beautiful emerald eyes. Still as in love as the first moment they met, he frowned, “No,” Louis’ finger trailed down Harry’s face and along Harry’s lips. 

“No what?” Harry asked as he closed his eyes and kissed Louis’ fingertip softly. 

“You’re here,” Louis whispered, “With me.”

“I know,” Harry chuckled. 

Louis sighed, his flushed face pressed against Harry’s. “You’re really here,” Louis voice broke. “You’re not angry or broken,” Louis lifted his head once more and smiled, “You’re mine.”

Harry paused, he searched Louis face and found understanding in the haunted blue eyes that gazed back at him. He opened his mouth to speak but his voice broke, he held Louis tighter. 

Louis began to cry, “You’re alive,” He whispered. 

Harry ran a hand through Louis hair, he guided his head so their foreheads were pressed together once more, Harry looked deeply into Louis eyes, “I was always yours,” He smiled and kissed Louis nose. “When I was high, when I was away, no matter what,” He smiled, his eyelashes brushed against Louis’ flushed cheeks. “No matter what Louis, I am yours.”

Louis whimpered, “I can’t ever lose you.”

“You won’t,” Harry promised. “Ever again…” He condemned himself for his choices, the path he took but now he was on the other side and thankfully alive. Though he still caught the worried glances of his friends, the scars on his arms a constant reminder of who he had become. Yet nothing was as painful a reminder as looking into Louis’ glistening eyes, filled with so much love and yet so much regret. Harry stroked Louis’ hair softly, “Lou,” He whispered. 

“Yeah, Harry?” Louis’ croaky voice replied.

“It’s not your fault,” Harry hushed. 

Louis shook harder, he said nothing but Harry knew in that moment a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. He slipped his hands between the bean bag and Harry’s back, his small fingers gripping him so tightly. “I would never have forgiven myself,” Louis sobbed.

Harry smiled, “You’ll never have to worry about life without me, I promise.”

As the party continued, the nightclub was alive with noise and sex but Harry was only present with Louis. Their world was small, intimate and the moment they shared was one of significance. Harry had not spoken to Louis about his time away, about Darcy’s death or the lonely nights he screamed Louis name. They had only wept and held each other, in the midst of the proposal really saying how the felt about it all had been lost. Caught in the current of the high speed planning and celebrations, yet now, they were silent.