Chapter 18 - The Bipolar Wonder Known As Tobi

Chapter 18

Dedicated 2 Curlygirl14! A great writer with her own Itachi story who was kind enuff 2 read mine! Arigato~

Been over a month ;-; I was tempted 2 end da whole story in 1 huge chap but it'd suck!

Ne - hey

Jana - see you later

***

Predictions are never accurate. The future isn't set in stone. Having this in mind, now that I know what might happen in the future, I can figure out how to avoid it. Then it'll never happen.

But then I decided that's stupid. Instead of changing my future, I decided to take advantage of the fact I knew what was going to happen.

I visibly frowned. What if Itachi didnt find my letter?

I sent him one to meet me in front of the hideout at noon. The light background of the picture showed it was still daytime, so I knew around the time it'd happen. After thinking about it, Itachi wouldn't be the person throwing a knife at me. If he wanted to stop me he'd come right up to me and try to reason first before resorting to violence. So that left the dangerous members of the Akatsuki as candidates.

I do NOT want to be alone with any of them, so I want Itachi to be there in case things get too rough. I know he'd protect me.

Today's my third day. My last day. After this I'm supposed to help tell Orochimaru's future and be kept as some little toy to use whenever he wanted to know what would happen to him. Yeah, no way in hell will I ever do something like that for the rest of my life.

So I'm leaving. I guess you can call it running away. I know I'll be stopped though, so I'll be prepared.

Kakuzu wouldn't give a damn where I went. Hidan would be glad to get rid of me and wouldn't care how. Deidara would most likely try and actually help me get away; anything to lengthen the distance between us. Kisame was my friend and would also most likely help. Zetsu's been ordered to avoid me so he doesn't eat me, so no need to worry about him. Konan wouldn't do anything unless Pein gave her orders, and Pein has much bigger things to worry about besides me.

Sasori was suspicious. He might be the person to they and stop me. Obviously Orochimaru would too. So there're two threats. Both strong.

Between Orochimaru and Sasori, I'd take the latter. Orochimaru was impossible for me to defeat, maybe even with Itachis help.

This is actually a part of an even bigger plan though! While helping me escape, Itachi might come along with me to make sure I'm okay. He's the kind of overprotective person who'd do that.

"Hiya! Watcha doin?" I jumped back and gasped when an orange swirled mask popped up in front of my face. Where'd he come from? I was carefully searching for a presence yet I didn't sense him!

"Who are you?" I inquired sharply, hand twitching to my kunai pouch on my hip.

He bounced on the balls of his feet. "I'm Tobi! Tobi's a good boy!"

I blinked. Was he serious, or just messing with me? He wore an Akatsuki cloak, he was a member. Yet he didn't act like one. "What do you want?"

"Tobi wants a pony, a unicorn, a lollipop," he counted off his fingers. "and......" He suddenly stopped moving and his voice dropped a couple of octaves into a deep menacing voice. "I want you to go back to wherever you came from and leave Itachi alone."

My heart stopped. "What do you mean?"

"Gee, you sure ask a lot of questions!" he exclaimed in the same high-pitched enthusiastic voice as before. "You sure are weird! Let's be friends!" He abruptly hugged me, wrapping two cloaked arms around my neck. His grip suddenly tightened into a choking hold and I gasped for air, clawing at his unwavering arms. "Even an idiot like you should understand. You can't take Itachi away from the Akatsuki or we'll have to kill you to keep him here." Back to the scary voice.