Chapter 6-A Mission! But SOMEONE Ruins it!

Dedicated to Edeagle07 4 commenting n reading evry chap i write! also 4 sharing a phobia wif meh XD *shivers* ugh, needles >-<

 o, n a pic of Rei on the side! enjoy!

***

"Due to the number of other ANBU teams out on missions, we are giving you four a C rank mission instead of your usual D rank mission. You are to be strictly watching conv-"

"You're putting us on probation duty?" Itachi interrupted Danzo. Yes, that's right. ITACHI interrupted someone. I know, I'm surprised too.

Anyways, I dont know why he's even upset. At least we're getting a mission. Lately, all the ANBU teams, even the ones WAYYYY weaker than us, were getting missions. All of them except us.

I don't know what we even did wrong. It was like we were forgotten or something. Our team was fully capable of kicking any bad guy's ass yet we got no missions.We haven't gotten a mission since the scroll retrieval mission. Itachi never even got to act as captain yet because we never got any missions so far.

Juro's pretty pissed off about it. He absolutely LOVES fighting, that's why he became an ANBU, so due to the lack of missions he'll fight with anyone that he could. You step on his foot, shove past him, even if you bother him by talking too loud near him, he'd just make it into some big deal and fight with you.

Rei was pretty happy with it. You know, because of how he always freezes up during a mission and stuff. Less embarrasment or something like that. But even he was getting tired of showing up bright and early every morning just to be told to go train. We all would stop going but it was a requirement that all ANBU's show up every day to receive orders. We had all woken up this morning expecting to be sent off for even MORE training but, surprisingly, we actually got a mission.

At the moment we were at Danzo's office. It was the Hokage's original duty to give people missions but Danzo was in charge of ANBU missions. But the Third Hokage had to sways be here for some reason. Ugh, it must suck to be Hokage.

Wait, what ever happened to what Itachi told us before? That as long as we're doing something for the village that it's good enough? What a hypocrite!

But Itachis changed ever since he became ANBU captain. Instead of spending time with me and the rest of our team, he was either alone doing Kami-knows-what or spending time with Yuriko. Yuriko! I thought he couldn't stand her like the rest of us! Also, Shisui told me he hadn't shown up to the last meeting. Which was apparently odd because he never missed meetings.

He was more distant lately too. The emotions I got off him during the very short time we have alone together were distress and slight worry. Being his best friend, I think I deserve to know what was bothering him.

Danzo's one visible eye narrowed. He obviously hated being interrupted. "Yes, you four are to be watching someone. His name is Miso-"

"I know why you're doing this."

My eyes widened. Itachi knew why? But how? And why DID Danzo stop giving us missions?

"Oh? So, humor me Uchiha. Why am I doing this?" Danzo said, all superior-like.

I didn't like the emotions I was getting from everyone. Juro was mad at Itachi for getting in the way of our possible mission, Rei was scared and curious for the reason why we were getting treated like this, Danzo was annoyed and slighty-slighty!- scared, and Itachi was just pissed off and infuriated.

Why was Danzo scared? Could there be a true reason for our lack of missions? A bad reason?

"Because of me." Itachi claimed, his onyx eyes boring holes into Danzo.

Itachi? What did he have to do with it?

"Because you don't trust me. Because you don't trust the Uchiha clan. Because you're tryi-"

"Thats enough!" the Hokage interrupted, gaining surprised glances from my whole team. Well, all of us but Itachi. He shot Itachi a warning expression, as if to tell him not to say any more.

What was he going to say?

This time the Hokage starting telling us the mission. "You four are going to be watching Misomiki Koaki 24\7. He is a highly dangerous convict that has been recently released due to lack of evidence to keep him in jail but we all know he works for Orochimaru." We all exchanged a look. If Orochimaru was in all this, then it sure was big. "Orochimaru will try to contact him either to retrieve him or kill him. Misomiki didn't say anything yet but under the chances that he may reveal Orochimaru's secrets he may try to kill him. You all must at the same time make sure he doesn't step out of line while protecting him from Orochimaru's wrath. This mission will begin tomorrow once the convict is released from confinement."

Orochimaru? This wasn't good. The guy was this notorious legendary Saniin who turned bad. He was part of this badass organization called Akatsuki right now which, although they've never exactly entered Konoha and attacked, were pretty strong. They sure scare the crap outta loads of people here, including me. It wasn't his power that scared me though. It was his freakishly long tongue and how he experiments on living people like they were lab rats. Last time I checked, people weren't animals! Well, that Uzimaki kid with the nine tailed fox sealed in him was part fox but I don't think that counts.

Poor kid. Last I heard, he was now reduced to humiliating himself for people's attention now. Ever since the fourth Hokage died on that tragic night a few years ago the third Hokage has made it a strict rule that no one tell him what was sealed inside him. The kid had no idea why everyone hated him and was scared of him! Personally, I think he should know why people treat him the way they do but I'm not the one to tell him.

The only way I know him is because I live a few houses away from him. As ridiculous as it sounds, the apartment was cheaper because it was near his house! Stupid, but hey, I'm not going to pass up on a good deal. Anything to live in a house besides mine. I just moved there recently and noticed that I had no neighbors except for the nine-tails. Eh, neighbors are annoying anyways.

"You are all dismissed!"

We all bowed respectfully before poofing outta there and appearing in front of the Hokage's tower thingy. "Lets all get ramen!" I offered.

Juro pursed his lips. "Is it on you?"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine."

"I'm in!"

I turned to Rei. "You?"

He shrugged. "I got nothing better to do."

All our eyes turned to Itachi. "And you?"

He shook his head. "I've got a date with Yuriko."

I mentally frowned. I sensed dishonesty coming from him. He was slightly guilty for something. Probably for lying to us. But I decided to play along.