Chapter 19 - Crazy Old Fortune-Telling Lady!

Dedicated to eso0402! Really nice girl, everyone should go talk to her!

It's been six months...wow. I have no excuses. Really, I was going to just give up on this story but someone reminded me how I should finish this story. Whether I get feedback or not, I'm going to finish this story. Finish it fast. I already know all the new chapters I plan on writing along with the skits.

I just can't be on anymore. I'm in eighth grade now and my grades matter this time. Last year, when I was constantly on Wattpad, I got a few A's and C's and mostly B's.....this year, while I was hardly on, I got a high honor roll. That's pretty big for me, seeing how I usually do pretty bad every year. I'm now trying to balance everything out. At first I was just doing homework (still not studying this year xP) and drawing but I realized I had to be more committed to my fans.

There are....2 or 3 chapters left? I'm not even sure yet.

Oh, follow me on twitter if you wanna talk and stuff! I'm FiroozKilljoy!

Japanese words used in this chapter:

Chotto matte - Wait a second (I don't know if it's spelt right, sorry!)

Hanashiteyo - let go

Kuso - shit

***

"Oh Kami..." I clamped a hand over my mouth to prevent myself from laughing but small muffled giggles escaped.

Itachi blinked obliviously, fingers curling around the hem of his shirt as he looked over it. "What?"

What? Well, now that we've escaped from the Akatsuki, we have to dress as modern people. Itachi may be a genius but he has no fashion sense whatsoever. I had given him an oversized floral green shirt with pink flowers and yellow shorts. It looked absolutely ridiculous on him! It hung off one of his shoulders and bagged around his elbows. He had to roll it a few times so his hands would be visible underneath. He looked like a little kid who stumbled on his fat colorblind uncle's clothes.

This time I laughed freely. "It was just a joke, I didn't think you'd actually wear it!" I saw a slight smile form at his lips at the sight of mine. "Are you going blind or something?" I joked, still smiling. He immediately dropped his smile and something in his eyes changed. I tried checking his emotions but he was concealing them again.

"Here's your real clothes." I said, handing him an elbow length grey shirt and black capris. My smile was gone too; I had dampened the mood. I guess blindness is a touchy subject for him. Wonder why?

As for me, I wore a plain pink kimono. It looked nice along with my green hair. We're heading to the Village of Fire. With our reputations it didn't sound like a good dissimulation but we plan on blending in. We're going to hide our chakra and lose our weapon pouches. Of coarse, for protection, we're carrying scrolls to summon them and hiding a couple of senbons where no one would look. Hopefully with the change of attire we'd blend right in.

That actually was the only hard part. It's smooth sailing from there. Once we get in there we're both going to learn what it's like having a village protect US instead of the other way around. Itachi and I are going from ninjas to villagers who can live with calm easy lives at that point. No more taking orders from anyone, no more fearing what would happen to us, just a serene life style. We're even going to change our names and and stay under everyone's radar so the Akatsuki wouldn't find us.

"It's time." Itachi announced, returning from our small temporary tent in new clothing that actually fit him. I winced and my hand shot up to stroke my hair.

My long green hair was much too noticeable. It was impossible to dye it but I'm able to cut it. Not that I want to.

Itachi noticed my hesitation. "Should I do it for you?" I bit my lip and nodded my head in a jerky motion. He snatched a kunai knife from our travel backpack and came towards me. I whined as I ran my fingers through my hair a few times. I hated the color but I did like having long hair. It was soft and silky and it's just a girl thing - we don't like having our hair cut when it looks nice already.