Chapter 17 - The Truth

Dedicated To NatsuAki cuz.....ya, she's just awesome like that xD

I haven't uploaded 4 a month! Eep! BUT this is an important chap where Itachi and Amarante have their lil moments....... Worth it?

Fan firooz! I'm 2 fans away from 333, after that I dont want anyone to ever fan me! 333 is my FAVE numba, I will be forever happy if I have 333 fans! Anyways, 333th fan gets a dedication!

PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ read my new story "His Puppet"! It's a Sasori love story, and even if u dont really like him there's more 2 it! There was some Ita-Kun in da last chap.......

(Itachi's POV cuz I can ;p)

Her pulse beated quickly beneath my hand which was wrapped around her neck. Sweat was visible at her temples and hairline, revealing her fear. But her face wasn't betraying her emotions, she stared boldly in my eyes.

Foolish girl.

Her skin felt swollen and before I grabbed her neck I saw the previous hand mark. Always stirring up trouble, no matter where she is. Even in the notorious Akatsuki's hideout she provokes other members. But what did I expect, this WAS Amarante after all.

She jutted her chin out boldly and gave me an accusing glare. "About time you talked to me!"

My finger tightened threateningly in response. Her jaw clenched in pain but she said nothing else. Her frail petite hands wrapped around my wrists weakly, they weren't trying to pry my hands off but holding them with some force. Always so stubborn, I always told her it would be her downfall.

"Go back."

Her dark blue orbs widened and her held my wrists tighter. "Itachi.......I think you know why I came...."

I pressed her against the tree and leaned in slightly. "I came on my own will. You can't stop me. I told you before, if you get in my way......." My Sharingan activated. "I'll kill you."

Please, just listen to me! I didn't want to use my Mangekyou, but if she kept pushing me I'll have to! When I left, I arranged things so the two people I care about most would be okay. I didn't count on her coming for me. Why can't she see what I'm doing! Why must she make this harder?!?

(Amarante's POV cuz I sorta said everything I wanted 2 from Itachi ;p)

His Sharingan blazing as it was, he was acting as serious as someone could get. That new technique he had insinuated about before, the one that puts someone through immense torture and agony for what feels like an entire day but only a second, he must have it. It has to be what he used to kill his clan. He could use it on me too.

Now what? I had prepared for this response, but my mind wasn't working properly right now, probably because his hand around my neck was cutting off my circulation.

Force? That wouldn't work, he's stronger than me without using his greatest technique. Reasoning hasn't worked either. I guess........I guess I'll have to take my chances then.......

"Fine then." I released his wrists and let my hands fall limp to my sides. He raised an eyebrow. "Kill me then. I'm not giving up."

That obviously wasn't the answer he was expecting. His emotion wall fell for a brief moment and revealed shock, confusion, and hesitation. His bark was bigger than his bite, he wasn't prepared for me to act like this. The long fingers around my neck loosened slightly and he leaned back a little. His lips were slightly parted and his eyes had widened half an inch.

Taking me by surprise, his hand abruptly tightened and he leaned in closer, eyes narrowed and emotion wall up again. "Why?!?"

I blinked. That was unexpected. Why what? "What do you mean?"