Chapter 2-The Team

Dedicated to my lovely editor HasiVA for editing this and being such a dedicated reader! She's awesome and has this really good book you guys should check out!

***

"I... I can feel him." I said slowly, straining to spot him.

Right now I felt only four emotions. Eagerness and anxiety from my bellicose teammate Juro, fear and determination from my other teammate Rei, and of course the cool, calm, peaceful energy of my teammate and friend, Itachi Uchiha. The last one was faint...vague.

"He's far...but he's hiding, not running. Three o'clock...no, four o'clock..."

Itachi nodded firmly, his eyes flashing that familiar red, and he set off in the direction I sent him. Me and our other two teammates trailed behind, knowing he'd get the job done.

Yes...I can feel his emotion. He was scared...but growing confident. He must have a really good hiding spot to feel secure when four elite ANBUs were after him.

But where could he be? His emotions were getting easier to read as we headed further east. But from our spot in the trees it felt like he was beneath us...

"In the ground!" I informed them, and they leaped down the moment the accusation left my mouth.

Juro grinned devilishly and, using his earth style jutsu, with just a few quick hand signs the ground opened up and revealed the culprit, stolen item in his hand.

With lightning fast speed, I jumped down into the recently made crater and snatched the scroll, whilst also knocking the Sound ninja off his feet.

Peering through the eye-holes in my cat ANBU mask, my eyes skimmed over the wrinkled paper quickly. Yup, this was it. A Sound ninja, probably sent by the ever-so-cowardly Orochimaru, had broken into secret documents and had stolen a scroll on forbidden jutsus.

His once confident emotion dissolved into a terrified one as he tried miserably to scramble to his feet. Itachi appeared behind him and sharply jabbed a spot in his neck that rendered him unconscious.

Juro frowned. "That's it? I can't believe they had us do this! That guy's ridiculously weak!""

"Whether being a small or big mission, it still had a positive impact on Konoha and that is all that matters," Itachi told him, sounding smart and wise like always.

I grinned. "At least it's over! Man, I can't wait to go home!"

Juro eyed me oddly. "I will never understand how you'd go from serious to your usual mood so fast."

I grinned cheekily. "That's just how I am during a mission!"

Smiling brightly at all my teammate, I noticed Rei staring at the ground sadly. His brown unkept bangs hid his glowering blue eyes as he silently observed the deep crater Juro made. I instantly sensed his disappointment in himself.