27. I

2 weeks later
H

  The soft morning light is what woke Harry up, warming him down to his core and chasing away the anxiety that had been nibbling away at his chest. Louis' arm was draped over his hip, nose pressed to his shoulder and a leg swung over the back of Harry's thighs. He was trying to be the big spoon despite the omega laying on his stomach, and it made Harry's heart stutter with affection, cheeks warming with a blush.

  He turned his head to face their open window, managing to prop up onto his elbows even though Louis was weighing him down, muscles straining the slightest bit. Ignoring it, Harry managed to raise his head high enough to see the treeline beyond their backyard, a cool breeze brushing over his face and making him smile. He closed his eyes, leaning into the soft wind.

  Louis' sudden snuffling and shifting startled him, head snapping back around so he could watch as his alpha slowly slipped into consciousness. Baby blue eyes blinked open and flickered up to meet Harry's own emerald green irises, a warm smile tugging at the corners of his thin lips as he tugged Harry down for a cuddle.

  "Morning pup." He rasped, pressing a kiss over Harry's bondmark. The omega shuddered, eyes slipping shut and head tipping to the side to give his alpha more room.

  "G'morning Lou." Harry managed to murmur in return. Louis smiled at the sound of his sleep-rough voice, leaning in to kiss the corner of his mouth before sitting up and swinging his legs over the side of their bed.

  Harry slowly pushed himself up after him and he pressed his forehead to Louis' shoulder blade, nudging his nose against him enough times to make his alpha bark out a happy laugh. "What're you doing, sweet baby?" He asked, lifting an arm and twisting his torso to look at his omega.

  Harry shrugged as he ducked beneath Louis' arm to press kisses against the length of his jaw, managing to capture his lips in a sweet kiss before pushing out of bed and walking into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

  Louis was quick to follow.

--

  Harry watched with curious green eyes as Louis helped him step into a pair of cotton leggings, dragging them up his thin legs and gently snapping the waistband against Harry's hips. He reached for one of his own scent infused t-shirts next, tugging it over Harry's head before carefully guiding his arms through the sleeves and kissing his palms, pulling his omega close once he finished.

  "Are you sure you're feeling up to going to the supermarket today?" Louis whispered against the side of his neck, tightening his hold when Harry nodded and ducked his head to press his nose to Louis' cheek. "Yes," He murmured. "I already know to tell you the second I get uncomfortable, if I do, and if I get anxious." Louis hummed approvingly and kissed the side of Harry's head before reaching and pressing a sweater into Harry's hands.

  "Good boy."

--

  The supermarket was...packed to say the least. The second they stepped inside Harry tensed and attempted to hide behind his alpha, only to startle and press in front of him when a beta huffed agitatedly beside them. Louis' canines bared for a few seconds before he was tucking Harry between himself and the cart.

  They stuck close as they wandered the aisles, Louis' chin hooked over Harry's shoulder until he had to reach for something to throw into the cart, nodding happily whenever he pointed something out. "Get whatever you want, baby." Louis whispered as he pressed a kiss to the side of Harry's neck.

  The omega ended up picking mainly fruits and healthy juices, though he did sneak a few packages of chips in. His healthy food mixed in with Louis' junk-dominated snacks, the sight making his lips pull with a warm smile. Harry liked the way they mixed, and knew that if he pouted enough then Louis would tough a few bites of the apple crisps that he had pulled off of the shelf.

  Louis curled an arm around his waist as he pushed the cart towards the checkout, pulling away to set their groceries on the belt as Harry wandered off to look at the small shelf of books the supermarket provided. He hummed softly to himself while looking, thumbing through the pages and losing himself in the words swirling on the paper, startling when a hand suddenly pressed to his shoulder.

  He dropped the book, the object hitting the floor with a thick smack and catching the attention of the majority of the shopper's attention as Harry shied away from the touch, eyebrows furrowing tightly. Louis appeared beside him in a second, glaring at what turned out to be Zayn as he pulled Harry under his arm and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

  "Sorry." Zayn murmured, eyebrows furrowing as Niall peeked out from his space behind him, gaze dropping to Harry.

  Louis' muscles shifted beneath Harry's cheek when he shrugged, already looking down when the omega glanced up at him. "No harm done." The alpha said, gently rubbing Harry's side as he led him back over to the cart.

  Zayn followed after a few seconds, lacing his fingers through with Niall's and blowing out a soft sigh. "Awesome."