25. should

H

   He stayed in the hospital another two days before they cleared him to leave, both Louis and Zayn showing up to help him as best they could and to act as his own personal bodyguards, his mate's hand tight around his own. Harry was half spooked already, his mother's presence having set an anxious fizz beneath his skin, and he kept close to Louis as they walked through the parking lot to where Zayn's car was parked.

  Louis settled in the back with him, pulling one of Harry's legs over his thigh and tucking him in close against his side, gently rubbing up and down his arm to help soothe some of the nerves in his chest. "We're all alright, baby. Nothing will happen now, yeah? Lima is going to stay with us at the house, same with Zee and Nialler. We're going to keep you safe, baby boy." Louis whispered against his curls, tightening his grip when Harry shifted closer to him.

  His house seemed dark and barren by the time they pulled into the driveway, Harry having neglecting it with how often he was at Louis'. Niall was already outside waiting for them, Liam watching from the doorway with his thick arms crossed over his chest and his bushy eyebrows furrowed, relaxing when Harry stepped out of the car behind Louis.

  Liam met them halfway up the drive, reaching out to touch before he was jerking back at the sound of Louis' warning growl and Harry's tiny flinch, expression falling slightly.

  "Hi, Harry. Nice to see you home." The other alpha murmured before he was spinning around and stalking back inside, Harry's expression falling as he shuffled closer to Louis and nuzzled into his neck.

  Niall was a bit more cautious in stepping up to greet the two of them, waiting for the omega's tiny nod before he was pulling him into a tight hug and pressing a gentle kiss to his temple, rubbing a warm hand down his back. "'I'm happy you're okay." He whispered as he pulled away, glancing at Louis for half a second before smiling at the two of them. 

  Harry looked over when Louis gently closed a hand around his elbow and led him inside, Zayn trailing behind them after throwing an arm over Niall's shoulders, pressing a smacking kiss to his flushed cheek. 

   Liam was shifting around the living room once they got inside throwing pillows around and rearranging the blankets he'd spread out on the floor, all of his furniture, but the couch, pushed up against the walls to keep it out of the way, a few mugs spread on the coffee table filled with stemming cocoa, marshmallows spilling around the sides.

  Niall made straight for the hot drinks once Harry and Louis had moved out of the way, crowing with happiness as he carefully scooped one up and took a tiny sip, wrinkling his nose. Zayn giggled, moving to help him as Louis bent at the knees and carefully pulled harry into his arms, carrying him over to the couch and leaning over the back to set him on the plush cushions, brushing his curls back and pressing a kiss to his forehead.

  Liam offered a blanket to Harry with a small, apologetic smile tugging at the corners of his lips, relaxing when he took it and shifting off to go bother Zayn and Niall, shoving between the two of them.

  Harry looked up when Louis released a soft huff of laughter and smiled at his alpha, cupping his jaw as he leaned down to kiss him softly, stubble scraping gently against his soft skin. Louis hummed the slightest bit before he was pulling away and thumbing over Harry's cheek, scratching the back of his neck.

  "Sweet boy." He murmured, tucking his curls behind his ears and sighing as he rested their foreheads together.

I'm trying