2. you're

H

Harry shoved his hands deep into his jacket pockets and ducked his head, breathing quickly through his nose to bring in all of the new scents surrounding him. They weren't all that unfamiliar, but there were little things that made them different, exciting in an almost terrifying way.

The bell over the door jingled and Harry couldn't help the flinch that jerked through his body, glancing up to make sure that Karen, the sweet little shop owner, didn't notice before he was moving behind the counter and shedding his coat, brushing his fingers over the petals of the new delivery of flowers. "Hi, poppet." Karen spoke up from behind him and he jumped, fighting down the trembles wracking through his body. "Hi." Harry choked out in return, rubbing at his eyes before whirling around to smile at her, hoping it was convincing.

Her knowing blue eyes were drifting over every inch of his body and it made him shudder, lacing his fingers together in front of himself so he posed less of a threat to the older woman, and she huffed at his submissive stance.

"Straighten up, pet. I won't do anything to you, old as I am. I can't ever to such a sweet little pup." She cooed, gently pinching his cheek between to wrinkled fingers. His shoulders relaxed and his eyes closed for a small bit, relishing in the warmth of her touch for a few long seconds before she was letting go. "Off with you then. I'll handle things out here, you go in the back and start separating the flowers, yes?" Karen said as her blue eyes sparkled with adoration and love for the omega, watching him nod shyly and walk through the double doors.

The back smelt of nature and greenery, bright with the beginnings of spring, and it made the knots in Harry's chest loosen and smoothe out, allowing him to breathe. He stood in the doorway for a short while before walking inside and getting to work on setting the different buds in piles, then in other piles based off of color, humming softly to himself to fight against the silence threatening to fall over his workspace.

He looked up when the bell above the door chimed and he very nearly shit himself when the strong scent of alpha hit him straight in the face, hunching over the desk and trying to catch his lost breath as Karen greeted the customer, voice high to carry over the softly playing music in the background. The strong urge to shove his face into a bunch of flowers came over him and he shuddered with the ferocity of it, hands clenching around the edges of the table as he wished, begged, for the alpha to bring in his influence, for him to leave.

Finally, finally, the scent dissipated and he was able to breathe clearly again, slowly straightening up and tilting his head back towards the ceiling. Harry got back to work once he could feel his fingers again and began to hum softly, feeling heavy with the weight of his shattering world on his shoulders.

--

By the time lunch rolled around, Harry was already exhausted, rubbing at his eyes as he stood up and made his way into the front. Karen was waiting for him at the counter with a paper bag and a large grin on her pretty face, handing him his wrapped sandwich before ushering him onto a stool.

"You look like you're about to fall over, pet. Are you alright?" She asked, worry lacing her tone, and he offered a small smile. " 'M alright. A bit tired honestly, though it's my own fault." Harry answered with a weak laugh and she frowned, reaching to touch a hand to his forehead, then his cheek. Karen hummed softly as she pulled back and pushed his sandwich at him, watching mindfully while he ate before she was standing and pulling him into a hug, stroking just in between his shoulders.

She was still holding him when the door opened and a man stepped in, scent vaguely alpha though he had his influence more in control than the last wolf that'd visited, and even though it was faint it was still sweet, musky and homey. Comfort and warmth was rolling off of him in waves and it made Harry shiver, mind going a bit hazy. Karen moved away from him to greet the other lad and Harry turned on his stool to get a glance, breath leaving him in an inaudible whoosh and eyes going wide at the sight; crystal blue eyes and a soft looking fringe, sharp cheekbones and muscled body. He was slight shorter than Harry, but not by much, only a couple of inches.

And when he looked to the omega sitting on the chair with wide eyes and parted lips, he grinned in such a way that made Harry weak in the knees, fingers curling into tight fists against his thighs. He blinked one more time before looking down and wincing when he saw the blood on his palms, quickly standing up and disappearing into the back as Karen and the alpha spoke animatedly to each other.

Harry quietly closed the bathroom door behind him before moving to the sink to wash his hands, chest rapidly rising and falling and fingers trembling under the cold water, eyes closing for a few seconds to try and regather his bearings. His thoughts were swirling around in a confusing knot of fear, chest tightening and lungs working overtime to keep oxygen in his system. He hated feeling like this, being weak, and every time it happened he tried to make everything better and keep himself under control.

Harry was able to breathe again a few minutes later and he slumped over the sink with relief, turning the water off a few seconds later before leaving the bathroom, and straight into the alpha's chest.